Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lucy Lord Babies 2008

southside852 is offline Registered User

Lucy Lord Babies 2008

If you've delivered with Lucy Lord this past year, could you please share with me your experiences? She is my current doctor and while I am not pregnant yet, I have heard mixed things about her. I know she is not the warmest of doctors, but I am wondering about people's overall experiences from antenatal appts through to post-natal.

Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

I am totally pleased with Lucy Lord. She's very professional and knows what she's doing. She delivered my baby 2 weeks ago. I think she's quite "real"...

I didn't see her much during the antenatal appts since I actually live in Shanghai, but she had no problems accommodating me and saw her about 3 times before the actual delivery.

I saw a male GP for my postnatal since the schedule agreed with my newborns checkup. He was surprisingly gentle!

beckveldman is offline Registered User

I don't quite qualify as my daughter was born in November 2007, but close enough, I thought!

I'm a great fan of Lucy's, but she's probably not for everyone. She seems to really polarise opinion: you either love her or....

For me, I have utmost faith in her management of any complications, small or large, and that counted as my largest priority. She is exceptionally good at what she does, and that is manage pregnancies. And I have on many occasions found her to be very warm at exactly the right moments (and I've had a few), so rest assured if the chips are down for any reason, there is ample compassion. And she goes to bat for her patients, if there are any external issues, that's for sure.

I myself am a non-fussy, well-organised type, our personalities probably gelled very well. I actually found we usually had very good lively and lengthy discussions, but then again, unfortunately in my pregnancies there was usually plenty of fodder for that.

Melko23 is offline Registered User

I saw both Lucy Lord and Grace Cheung, her colleague and can say that both were terrific and professional. Grace has the warmer bedside approach towards the patient..

zac08 is offline Registered User

i've heard 2 very disturbing cases of bad bedside manner regarding lucy during the labor process. in one instance, she actually said 'that's pathetic!' to a lady during her final throes of labor. this was my boss' wife and she really didn't need to hear that during the height of her pain and discomfort. to another lady, she snapped 'shut up!' during her labour as she (understandly!!) being loud in the final stretch.

bedside manner is very important to me. i was with dr dawkins for my first who had a very gentle warm manner. unfortunately for hk, he's moved back to tasmania with his family.

hipy is offline Registered User

I used her during my last pregnanacy as I was told she was was one of the best. I definatly would not use that description. Some say she is just being honest with the way she talks to you but personally I just thinks she rude, no bedside manner, plus that whole practice is so business orientated. My brother in law is also a doctor and when I showed him some of the blood test I have had done at the practice for other ailments, he said I often have had many test that was obviously unnecessary

lesliefu is offline Registered User

she is good, but her bed side manners are none existent. having said that though, when i saw her afterwards she was very kind and listening and explained everything very well to me (my daughter had just spent 10 days at NICU at QM with meconium aspiration). i guess she has a soft side, but it only comes out in times when she knows you have been through a lot - the average pregnant lady she is not so kind to since she's probably seen too many cases.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Although I haven't delivered with Lucy, I am currently 7 months pregnant and was seeing her for the first 5 months of this pregnancy. I was a little nervous about rumours I had heard when I had made the decision to see her, but actually found her very approachable and extremely knowledgeable. This is actually my second pregnancy, so I didn't feel like I needed the warm and fuzzies, but just someone who knew her stuff, and I felt very confident with this. Basically I wanted to feel comfortable that my doctor knew what they were doing on 'the big day' and I felt confident of this with Lucy. My appointments were always very short (probably maximum 10 minutes) and she doesn't say much, but I have had quite a smooth pregnancy so far. I did though discuss my many issues with my first pregnancy and delivery and she did take the time to discuss how she would handle the situation and I felt confident that it wouldn't happen again.
    Why did I leave?
    I found out through someone else that she was going to be on holidays for the whole month I was due to deliver. I was very dissapointed that I had not heard this from her mouth and as a result changed doctors immediately. I am now with Dr Alex Doo and am so happy that I made the change. Although I would recommend Dr Lord purely on her experience, like any doctor, make sure that you know of any leave they may be thinking about up front. I was extremely dissapointed to find this out when I felt like my confidence had grown with her, knowing that she would be there on the big day. I did feel let down and dissapointed, but feel that these things are meant to happen for a reason, as I could not be happier with Dr Doo (highly recommend him)!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast