Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Repeated miscarriages

PPyeung is offline Registered User

Repeated miscarriages

I did 5 iui and 1 ivf, pregnant for 3 times but all in early miscarriages.

I have chromosome test and it's fine. I removed the fibroids in uterus in Nov and will try FET in QM private in March. Hope I can succeed this time.

Has anyone got the problem of repeated miscarriages? Any treatment?

Last edited by PPyeung; 01-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I'm sorry for what you are going through, I know how hard it can be to have some hopes and do a miscarriage every time.
    I've had some problems too, and went through a lot of tests. Everything was fine but just a small coagulation problem. I never knew if it was why I was doing miscarriages, but the last time I got pregnant, I've received a treatment based on heparine, aspirin and progesterone, and it worked.
    You shall ask for some tests on your coagulation, and all your iron/ferritin levels. Sometimes a small anemia can also prevent a pregnancy (well, if you haven't done all this already...).

Send you all my best wishes for the next try !

arabella is offline Registered User

Hi, I also had three miscarriages and my ob recommended heparine, aspirin, progesterone and cortisone. Since I am still trying to get pregnant I can't tell you whether it's going to help. But it seems to be quite a standard treatment. Don't give up although it's hard to motivate yourself over and over again.

mela is offline Registered User

Steroids can help. I used aspirin and steroids and it worked. Ask your doc - tey are being used for repeted misc in UK and US. Hope it works for you.xx
    p.s Also check your thyroid - especially the thyroid antibodies as they can be responsible for repeated misc in early preg.

sherwes is offline Registered User

I know that it is really hard to keep going when this happens but please don't give up.

Sydney IVF have a very good miscarriage management program. I have attached a link to a page from their website that details all of the different investigates you can have once you have suffered recurrent miscarriage. I would recommend discussing these options with your doctor to make sure that you have them all covered.

http://www.miscarriage.com.au/basepage.cfm?id=39

millyhk is offline Registered User

Hi Arabella

I am sorry to hear about your losses - I too have had 3 miscarrages. Please can you let me know who your Ob is? I too am in HK and would like to follow the same treatment plan that you appear to be on.

Thanks

Help

Hi Mela

Do you have any recommendations for OB in Hong Kong who can do blood testing and treatment plans similar to those offered in the UK?

Thanks

Hi Frenchy

Please can you let me know who your Doctor was and where you got your testing done.

Many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast