Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Do you recycle some of your children's gifts?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 72.09%
  • No

12 27.91%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do you recycle gifts?

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

I always include the receipt in an envelope to the parents. We often get duplicate gifts.

Another alternative I have been thinking of recently is a receipt of a charity donation.

I'm going to ask for charity donations to WWF for my youngest son's 2nd birthday. He already has so much stuff (hand-me downs from his older brother) and he's young enough not to be too upset by getting less gifts.

sorchului is offline Registered User

For those who want to donate children books and stuffs, go to the St. John's Cathedral. They will be holding the 'Michaelmas Fair' on 31st Oct and they are receiving donations now.

Tel.: 2523 4157

I will be very careful if I recycle gifts. I once received a present which was my own wedding favour. Nice!

kyojee is offline Registered User

I have yet to recycle my baby's gifts, but I think it's time! If it's something appropriate, I would try my best to use it, especially if it's from a close friend (and you know some friends do take a lot of effort to choose a gift for the child!) If it's stuff like clothes too small by the time we get to it, I would pass it on, but will let the recipient know it's not something I have gotten specially from stores. I have not received many toys and such, but yes, chances are, by the time toddlerhood comes, would likely be giving away unwanted and duplicate toys to charities. Storage is a serious issue in HK! I think what might work would be a network of mommy friends to do some toy/clothes/book exchange so we don't have to buy and store so much! =)

banane76 is offline Registered User

I just heard about a swap event for baby items. Check out Mommy Modernista I can't go because I work that day, but it sounds like a good idea!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123