Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Doctor in Kowloon/TST side

hk-mum is offline Registered User

Doctor in Kowloon/TST side

Hi all,

I'm new to Hong Kong and recently learned that I'm pregnant. Can anyone suggest a good obstetrics doctor around Kowloon/Tsim Sha Tsui side?
    Also any comments regarding delivery services in HK Baptist hospital in Kowloon would be highly appreciated. How does it stand against Adventist hospital?

solidstars is offline Registered User

i'm first time pregnant too so can't give any experiences, but my husband and i visited hk baptist and we didn't like it for the fact that everything seem so small and crowded. the hallways were crowded, the nurses were always rushed, etc.

maybe you should go do a site visit to see first? we are going with st teresa instead.

hk-mum is offline Registered User

Ladies.....please help if you have any experience with Kowloon/TST side doctors. Most good doctors seem to be in Central, but this morning sickness(or shall I say day n nite sickness) is driving me crazy....Central is looking too far at the moment. Please suggest some names of good docs in the region.

Solidstars....thanks, I was planning to give a visit to the Baptist hosp....just wanted to hear some experiences of those who've delivered there.

Ai li is offline Registered User

I would highly recommend my doctor Alexander Yip. Yes, i remember him telling me he goes to Baptist hospital too. I stayed at Union Hospital at Tai Wai (only a station from Shatin). It was great!

You can visit Dr Yip at Shatin or TST medical centre. Tel: 2603 2123. He does both C-section and natural birth too.

In fact, I have recommended him to one of my friend, apparently she is very happy with Dr Yip too. Dr Yip has a great bedside manner and NEVER in the hurry :)

If you need more info, Pls feel free to ask me

I may consider going back to Union hospital with the care of Dr Alexander Yip if I am having a 2nd one, even though I live in HK side.

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Dear HK MOM, I have been to baptist as it is the hospital that my doctor recommeded it to me, as I live in Tung Chung,...anyways its very clean and I my husband and I were very impressed with it. I didnt find it croweded at all, maybe it was just a busy day when SOLIDSTARS went to see it. I was there in December, and we put our deposit down and registered. Anyways I have also heard alot of bad stories about St.Teresas...not saying that it is bad I just have heard alot from that paticular hospital also I heard that alot of the staff dont speak good english.....but Im sure that you will probably hear alot of bad story from every hospital! Hope this helps!

rachelgurr is offline Registered User

Hi HK-Mum

I delivered at the Baptist hospital and it was great. The staff were lovely and very helpful and my doctor was fab. I recommend that you go and visit the hospital yourself as it made my feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing once I had seen the place.

My doctor was Dr Susan Chow she is based in Mongkok. If you would like any further information please PM me

Good luck
    Rach

solidstars is offline Registered User

yup pros and cons for every hospital. i'm seeing dr ivan lau at st teresa's, he's very nice and speaks bilingually to us quite competently. very happy with him so far.

ems_y is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelgurr View Post
    Hi HK-Mum

I delivered at the Baptist hospital and it was great. The staff were lovely and very helpful and my doctor was fab. I recommend that you go and visit the hospital yourself as it made my feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing once I had seen the place.

My doctor was Dr Susan Chow she is based in Mongkok. If you would like any further information please PM me

Good luck
    Rach
    Hi Rachel,

Appreciate if you could send me the contact for Dr. Susan Chow, I'm looking for possible doctors to see since I found out I'm pregnant. If you have any feedback about her that would be great too!