Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bike for 15 month old

sherwes is offline Registered User

Bike for 15 month old

Hi, my husband and I have spent quality time at Toys R Us looking at the bike selection for toddlers. They all seem pretty similar (except for the decoration). Our son is 15 months old and the specs for the bikes say that most of them only suit up to 13 kilo.

The bikes also look pretty small and rickety and (putting weight aside) I am wondering just how long our little one will be able to use the bike for??

Can anyone comment on when he would "grow out of" the bike (assume he is a little larger than most his age)? Also, can anyone please comment from experience as to whether the bikes at Toys R Us (which seem at the cheaper end of things) are ok quality? If he can only use the bike for 6 months or so we wouldn't want to spend too much obviously. However, if there was a more expensive bike that we could use for longer than we would like to consider that one too.

Also are the any particular features I should look for? Any other shops we should look in before buying?

Thanks for your help.

Neha is offline Banned

at 15 months will he ride the cycle or will u be pushing him? If pushing him than i think itsimagical has nice ones though expensive. Toysrus is not bad as they will out grow soon. U can also toys club

Hi, I don't think that he is advanced enough yet to push the pedals himself. I think we will be pushing him (using the telescopic handle on the bike) for a few months before he will get the hang of it.
    Do you think the itsimagical bikes allow for larger children? i.e. I would only pay more if I knew my son could use it for longer. I am not keen to pay a lot for something that he will grow too big for in 6 months.
    Where is Toys Club - is that the one at Horizon Plaza?

Neha is offline Banned

toys club is has 2 branches one in central duddell street and horizon plaza. Then i would go with the ITSIMAGICAL one as they have seat belt so even a bigger child can use it. It can be used from 9 months to 54 months or they have another option which can be used from 12 months-54 months. eventually they become tricycles for older kids who can ride on their own. We just love them

Wow! I just checked out the website for Itsimagical and the bikes are fabulous! The 3x3 junior looks excellet. Is that the one you have? How much longer do you think your son will be able to use it for?
    Now, I just have to work out how to justify spending the extra $$$...

Neha is offline Banned

he is 2.3 years old but very small in size so I think we will be able to use it past 6 years of age so definitely worth it