Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Having a good helper is such a great feeling!

HK2008 is offline Registered User

Having a good helper is such a great feeling!

Dear all,
    I'm so overjoyed that I feel really compelled to share with you---I've found a perfect helper! She joined us three days ago and now I fully understand why some ladies are saying 'hard to live without their helper'. It's indeed wonderful! I hired her via another lady's referal on this forum. For the first time in years, I finally get to sit down and enjoy having quality time with my kids! My helper has got everything taken care of:
    1. my apartment is now spotless literally EVERYWHERE(the standard is almost five-star);
    2. everything is so organised, either in the kitchen cupboards or wardrobes. My kids clothes are neatly ironed or folded up and put in different categories: winter/summer; tops and pants/skirts;
    3. she's great with my kids. Just in three days she's already making my kids giggling with joy while they are playing together. And she takes great care with hygiene too-washing my kids hands before and after each meal and immediately after picking up my DD from school;
    4. best of all, she's a great cook! She cooked green curry chicken tonight and it beat our favorite Thai restaurant! Now I'd rather spend money on quality materials than eating out! And she even brought along her own cookbook! I'm really looking forward to a far better improved life here in HK!
    5. finally, she's a great companion---we chat a lot while going shopping or taking the kids to the playground...

Anyway, to sum up, she's truly a godsend! We are extremely lucky to have her.:yeah2

cutebear is offline Registered User

wow, how did you find her? I am looking for a helper myself and found it extremely difficult to find a good one. And have no idea how to spot a good one from the rest. Anyone have any suggestions?

HK2008 is offline Registered User

Hi cutebear,
    Yes I was very lucky to get her referred to me by one of the memebers of this forum. I hired her purely based on my trust of her recommendations. She gave her very detailed and honest ratings on the key areas that we were most concerned with. I don't really know how to tell the good from the bad unfortunately. But I've taken the other ladies advice here to treat her 'the way I want to be treated' as a human being. I show the kids how to respect her and her work. I have no rules set for her except for a list of things to do on a daily, bi-weekly, and monthly basis. But she always goes the extra mile to surprise me. She's now genuinely a part of our family. And my kids and hubby are the ones truly benefiting from a happy and relaxed mum and wife. I'm glad that we didn't wait for too long to make up our mind for getting a maid. Maybe a DH is not for every one, but it most defintely works for us. Hip hip hurray!

snagito is offline Registered User

Can I just say how nice it is to read positive feedback about a helper. thanks for posting.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

this is a great post to read.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

Sorry to be the party pooper, but isn't 3 days a little too short a time to see how good someone is? But if she really is excellent, congratulations, you have a gem there.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Thanks for posting, HK2008. :) This is such a refreshing read considering that we tend to hear from employers only when they are not happy with their helpers and don't hear enough from those who are happy with theirs.

southside852 is offline Registered User

HK2008, sounds like you have struck gold!! it also goes to show that you can strike a healthy balance with your life and living with a helper. Like you, our helper is amazing both around the house and with our son. She sings the songs I sing to him, cleans and cooks.

congrats!

PS - cutebear, i believe the best way to find a helper is through word of mouth (friends etc...).....the best ones get hired in a second. if you hear of a good reliable one that is interviewing, schedule an interview asap and if you get a good vibe from her and like her, be prepared to offer a job asap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast