Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Severe Reflux Help

C-Mommy is offline Registered User

Severe Reflux Help

Hi all! My four month old has had severe GERD since she was 6 weeks. We thought we had things under control with Zantac, but just two weeks ago, everything came back much worse than before. Does anyone know of a pedi/GI who they have seen that might be of help? We've already been in the hospital once for a feeding aversion and vomitting, but they weren't much help. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take her back to the States unless I can find someone who will see her here. I'd love to hear if someone has found a good doctor to help!

Frenchy is offline Registered User

My son had some reflux after being born with the vacuum. This cause some stretch on the back head muscles, which are linked to the stomach muscles. I went to see an osteopath and he manipulated these muscles (it's very very soft), and after 4 sessions everything was finished.
    It happens very often that these muscles need to be "replaced", may be it's worth a try.
    I went to see on of the osteopath at IMI in Central. If you want the details I can have a look.
    Good luck !

southside852 is offline Registered User

our son too had reflux (silent) for the first 5 months and was on zantac AND hypoallergenic formula. We also took him to see an osteopath (not here, but in London) and it really helped loosen him up as his stomach was extremely tight that he always fed with clenched fists.

It's worth a try like Frenchy said!

LeahH is offline Registered User

Caroline Rhodes at the Body Group helped us with silent reflux and slight torticulus, as did Ines de Beer at OT&P - both cranial osteopaths.

C-Mommy is offline Registered User

Thank you all so much! It's seeming like an allergy is causing the reflux now. I'm ready to get her well!