Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great learning toy!

catlam is offline Registered User

Great learning toy!

A friend gave this great toy to my 27-month boy as a birthday gift and he just loves it! Now he knows the name of over 20 countries and some of the capital cities too. Actually sometimes I play with it too!

Oregon Scientific | HK | Products | E-PR18-06G | Smart Globe (2006 version)

wwong68 is offline Registered User

Oh my gosh. Good for your little one. That looks more like for grown up.

MLBW Guest

I watched the demo video and I'm sure most little-over-two-years-old kids I know would totally not be able to play with that--they might enjoy pushing the buttons though to hear the sounds. Your son must be quite special. Is it fragile? I would be afraid of it getting broken as it's not a toddler toy. Looks a bit spendy too. Is it?

It's not that fragile but surely it's not something that you can let your kids play with it by themselves especially that it's not a cheap toy.

I think my son is a little advanced in certain areas which he likes so he can play with this at his age. It actually says on the packaging it's for kids age 5+.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

This is not directly related but check out the video of the 3 year old girl pointing out countries on a world map!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43yCiKlbCo"]YouTube - The Original Video of Lilly: The World Map Master[/ame]

Absolutely incredible. Catlam, you should try getting your son to do this!

mumsy is offline Registered User

I remember seeing a similar but more simple kids version (3yrs+) in Eugene which I considered buying, but your one would definitely last longer and be useful throughout the school years.

I did read up on it, and to my disappointment it said it was not compatible with Windows Vista - is that correct? Also I read some reviews that people were having problems updating information on it.

Have you experienced any problems yet? I was also wondering how much data is already on the system and whether there really is a need to upload more.

mumsy, It works quite well already as is without connecting to the internet only with some information out of date (e.g. the President of the United States is still George Bush). But I just called their customer service and the lady said she can email me a driver which can make my globe compatible with Vista. So I don't think that's a big problem.

cyberfish88, thanks for sharing the youtube video. I think I should test my son out in a few weeks time on the map! :-)

mumsy is offline Registered User

catlam - thanks for the extra info. I will definitely consider getting it for my son's next b'day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast