Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

One day trip to Shenzhen

HK2008 is offline Registered User

One day trip to Shenzhen

We are taking our DD to shenzhen for a day trip tomorrow. We have planned to visit Windows of the World. But what about Splendid China and the Folks Village? Would we have time and is it worth visiting them all? Is there anything else interesting to a 3 year old and us? And which restaurant(Chinese) would you recommend near the Window of the World?

Your urgent advice will be greatly appreciated...

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I haven`t been to any of them, but I think WoW would be interesting for all of you. Is Splendid China the miniature China park? If so, it`s really pretty cool -my friend`s apartment overlooks it. Or is that the amusement park? It looks really popular with kids, and fireworks every night, I believe. I think the folk village might be a bit boring for your daughter though. Sounds like 1 or 2 places would be enough.
    There is a chain-restaurant near there...I`m sorry the name is escaping me now... but it`s a lamb/sheep hot pot place. They`re all over SZ. It`s on one of the adjacent streets running from the left side of the mall, which is across from WoW. Happy Sheep Restaurant? If one of you knows Chinese, it would be easier. It`s a fun place, good food and inexpensive. Otherwise, there are a couple of restaurants in the mall, but I haven`t been before, so I don`t know much about them.

HK2008 is offline Registered User

Thank you Shenzhennifer for the info. Very helpful indeed. I think we'll skip the folks villiage and focus on WOW. I also learned from Geoexpat that Happy Valley is also worth going and it's close to WOW too. Not sure whether anyone has been there...

The restaurant info is extremely exciting as we love hot pot(the genuine Sichuan hot pot perhaps???) We both read Chinese. Could it possibly be these three words(小肥羊)? It's a famous hot pot chain and we even had it in Australia.

Looking forward to having a whole day of fun! Of course we'll keep four close eyes on our DD!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

The resto - yeah, I think that`s it - the first one is `little`, right? Green sign. I`ve been there a few times with another family with a 3 year old boy and he loved it.
    Happy Valley - that`s the amusement park I was thinking of. yeah, she should love it. Very loud and obnoxious for us old folks, so much be perfect for the little ones. And yes, it`s very close to WoW.
    And for Mommy and Daddy, there`s a `european` street nearby with bars and restaurants. Not really child-friendly but if she`s asleep...