Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obstetrician - Ferguson, Lord or Cheung??

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Obstetrician - Ferguson, Lord or Cheung??

Hi

I need to see a gynae/obstetrician this week or next and can't decide who to see. Any recent feedback on Sally Ferguson, Lucy Lord or Grace Cheung?

Heard that you can feel a bit rushed with Lucy (particularly if you are not a high risk patient). People seem to like Grace's manner but is she as experienced as Lucy and Sally? Lucy and Grace more convenient in Central than Sally in Wanchai (as I work in Central). I believe all are about the same pricewise.

Any advice/feedback gratefully received!! This is my first post on geobaby.

Thanks
    SB2

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

Dr Grace Cheung is fantastic. She delivered my baby last week. She is very patient and explains things really well and most certainly does not rush appointments. I ask a lot of questions and at no point did she appear to be unsure so I would say that she is quite experienced!

I would definitely recommend her

shoni is offline Registered User

I had Grace Cheung too, loved her.

plumtree is offline Registered User

I had Grace Cheung too and she was great.

southside852 is offline Registered User

i had lord and just switched to dr. gosh as i felt her bedside manner wasn't the best. i heard she does a great job though, i just personally needed someone a little more nurturing even if it's for my 2nd one.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. Am tending towards Grace.

Southside, I agree about bedside manner. I am not fragile and I already have a 14 month old but still like to have some pleasant bedside manner and that is what has put me off about Lucy although I am sure she is one of the best technically. I had Dr Dawkins as my obstetrician for my baby and he was great and very friendly - sigh - why won't he come back to HK??

No-one has responded about Sally yet - any feedback posters?

SB2

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

My work colleague (due next week) goes to Sally. We've discussed our pregnancies at length in the office! From what she says about Sally is that she has a no nonsense approach and is very matter of fact. My colleague likes that where as I prefer a smiley, patient Dr!

Smiles is offline Registered User

I'm currently seeing Sally Ferguson for my second baby (she also delivered my first) and I highly recommend her.

As happyvalleygirl says she does have a fairly no nonsense approach but I have always found her very reassuring if I do have any worries (possibly not for you if you do feel the need for 'hand holding'). During my delivery of my first baby she was great.
    When I had to return to hospital (due to a rather nasty case of mastitis) even though I wasn't booked as a patient of hers she came down to check I was getting everything I needed and even marched a midwife down to my room to help me out.
    Maybe book an appointment with two and then you'll know from your own experience who would suit you better. Afterall you'll be seeing them for at least 9 months and you'll want to feel comfortable with whoever you decide on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast