Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Portable DVD Players

southside852 is offline Registered User

Portable DVD Players

We are getting ready for our big trip home this summer - over 12 hour flight. We want to get a portable DVD player that is easy to use, has good battery life and that will last (at least for 2-3 years).

Anyone have any suggestions?

mumto2 is offline Registered User

we've had a couple and I don't really see the difference too much in brands or battery life. I know that Fortress have alot to choose from and are all pretty reasonable in cost. They are FANTASTIC!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

We thought about it for a long time, trying to decide what one to get. In the end I purchased the iPod with movie capability. It means I could put all their shows on it and plug it straight into the hotel TV when we arrived at our destination. It was also less bulky than the portable players and I think more sturdy as I am not having to carry around the DVD's and risk scratches.

mumsy is offline Registered User

Last year, we bought the Panasonic one with the 8.5inch screen which said it had the longest battery life of about 13hrs (compared to other brands which were mainly 6-8hrs).

But bear in mind that when they state battery life, it really only lasts that long if you choose the minimum brightness setting which I found much too dim.

Newer models should have come out by now so you should have more choice. The only difference is usually the battery life, whether the screen can swivel and better to choose one with dual or more headphone sockets.

carang is offline Registered User

we also have ipod videos they are FANTASTIC! each child can have their own, we have over 40 movies, tv shows, cartoons etc for the kids to choose from (and me, too!). i bought an additional "battery pack" that allows the ipod to run off of AA batteries if the original battery runs out. so, as long as you have AA batteries you are set to go!

Sage is offline Registered User

We bought the Sony DVP-FX870 earlier this year. The widescreen lcd is amazingly clear (compared with the rest we've looked at). We love it.

LeahH is offline Registered User

We have the Panasonic DVD LS86 which is the long life battery (13hrs) with the swivel head - really useful on planes. Also has a car fitting that goes on the back of the driver's seat.

Cara - do your kids watch movies on the IPOD on the plane or when out and about?

carang is offline Registered User

we have used them on the plane as well as when we've been in the car for long periods of time. it's fantast to have and it is very light, so it's easy to carry in my bag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast