Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Helper Leave Question

dbmum is offline Registered User

Helper Leave Question

I hope my question will seem clear here :)
    We've employed our first dh (hired in March) and were told that sometime in the first year she would need to take a leave back to the Philippines - something to do with renewing her visa - and if I recall correctly, this timing is due to the fact that she was terminated due to financial reasons from her previous employer and thus was able to process here without leaving the country before the start of our new contract.
    That being said. Can anyone give information/direction on how this is to be done? Ideally of course for us, this leave would take place alongside our planned leave from the country this fall. Does anyone know how long she will need to plan her travel for in order for the paperwork/visa to be processed correctly? We don't know where to find this information, if you're able to help please let me know!
    Thank you!

rani is offline Administrator

Hi,

She must have received two 1 year visas. She will need to exit within the first year and re-enter on the second 1 year visa, which she should have already. You don't need to do any additional paperwork/processing

dbmum is offline Registered User

Thanks, Rani for your reply. I think you're right. The current visa sticker states an expiration date of one year from this springs issue.
    Does anyone know if this exit/re-entry must be back to the Philippines only, Or is this possibly something we can do on our next trip to Macau for the day or weekend?

AndreaY is offline Registered User

No need to go to Phillippines, macau would be the quickest and there is no need for you to go with her. Our helper went there herself for the day before the expiration of the 1 year extension.

Andrea, when did your helper go to Macau? I just realized our helper has to exit as well. We did the early/termination renewal last year and she needs to exit in a few months. She's heard from a few friends who went to Macau, immigration didn't let them re-enter on the new visa and they will need to exit again. Wonder if its because they still had a few months left on their old visa.

Last edited by rani; 05-30-2009 at 10:15 PM.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

was last year, but I just asked my helper and she has not heard any friends not being allowed to do that.

Thanks Andrea.