Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Swimming for Children near TaikooShing?

lii
    lii is offline Registered User

Swimming for Children near TaikooShing?

Does anyone know of good swimming teachers/schools for children near TaikooShing? My daughter is 3. I know there is the Stanford Swimming school (at Korean International School), however have heard not so positive reviews on their toddler swim classes. Please reply if you have any further information.

Lisa
    The Chinese Soup Lady

http://www.thechinesesouplady.com

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Harry Wright does classes at the South China Athletic Association in Causeway Bay. You can check them out. Their toddler class is GREAT!

welovebaby is offline Registered User

harry wright has many locations, aberdeen marina club, canadian international, west island school. i have been taking my 16 month old since he was 12 months and they are great. he loves it. bit expensive but worth it for me cos i'd never get round to taking him on my own. check out their website Harry Wright International

rani is offline Administrator

We've just signed up at Stanford. We did the swim classes at YWCA last summer, and unfortunately, the class got canceled this year as there wasn't enough interest. And the ESF swim classes are at an odd time over summer. But we do like the ESF classes and enrol during school year.

Will let you know how Stanford goes. Btw, it does seem to be the most reasonable swimming class in town. Comes to $90/hr class

Have observed a few classes at Stanford recently and honestly, they're no different from ESF/ YWCA. Class sizes are small (at least at our location). Teachers are patient with the kids, are in the water and correcting the kids' strokes and form. There's a beginner's class also being held at the same time as my son's. I was surprised they are using arm bands for the little ones. I know ESF doesn't do this. Not sure about Harry Wright.

slin is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Have observed a few classes at Stanford recently and honestly, they're no different from ESF/ YWCA. Class sizes are small (at least at our location). Teachers are patient with the kids, are in the water and correcting the kids' strokes and form. There's a beginner's class also being held at the same time as my son's. I was surprised they are using arm bands for the little ones. I know ESF doesn't do this. Not sure about Harry Wright.
    Hi Rani....does Stanford offer baby swimming classes? I would like to introduce swimming to my soon to be 10mo baby, appreciate if you could share more info. Thanks.

Am not sure. Best to give them a call.

http://www.stanfordswim.com.hk

Founded GeoBaby in 2002