Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

2nd Birthday Party Venue

audlin is offline Registered User

2nd Birthday Party Venue

It s my daughter's second birthday in August and I am struggling for ideas as to where to hold a party for her. Any ideas out there would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Neha is offline Banned

Around which area u are willing to travel? Bcause in Central there are alot choices. My GYM, jmw , wise kids, playtown, Gymboree, kinder music etc.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Just curious, but why do you need a "venue"? Seems birthday parties are becoming a bigger and bigger production these days.
    And what do you do for an encore? Or for the traditionally bigger birthday years like 10, 13, 16?
    Or is this just a matter of available space? Which I can understand here, but not in the US where birthdays take on similar status.

rani is offline Administrator

Space issues. We organized a couple of parties at home, and even though I tried to keep it small, less than 10 kids. Each child comes with either 1 or 2 adults and its total chaos :-)

Thanks for the suggestions NeHa. I will look in to them further.

The reason I am looking for a venue is both for space and entertainment. The apartment complex where I stay does not have a function room I can rent, which would be ideal as I could just do the catering myself and bring along toys.

But also, I think it would be nice to go somewhere that entertainment is laid on in a contained space so that the adults can relax and have a chat without rushing around after their children.

I am more than aware that my daughter will have no memory of her second birthday, as she won't of her 1st which was just dinner with family. I just want it to be as relaxing for everyone as possible, especially myself.

Maybe I should just book myself in to a spa for the day. After all, I did all the hard work :0)

xxx

Neha is offline Banned

We loved Wise kids playroom at Cyperport and now I hear they have opened another playroom at Causeway bay I dont know i fthey have a party area. but it was great children get entertainment for 75 minutes at the playroom and then they come out and they eat. enough space for adults also ( again depends upon the no of people) the people are really nice they not only set up the whole place they also clean it up after u leave.

Best of luck

Sounds fab!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Space issues. We organized a couple of parties at home, and even though I tried to keep it small, less than 10 kids. Each child comes with either 1 or 2 adults and its total chaos :-)
    That I understand. Ten kids with parent(s) and no back yard is chaos.
    I just hear about parties with clowns and musicians and animals etc (not that I suspect the OP of doing any of it) and was wondering if it was true or just internet rumors. And why you would need all of it. The relaxation thing hadn't occured to me, but space had.
    And, if it is happening, when did it all start?
    I'm reminded of the Steve Martin movie "Father of the Bride" and picturing a sequel "Parents of the Child".