Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Holiday suggestions for toddlers

jaetee is offline Registered User

Any nice resorts (villas even) that have nice beaches but arent crowded with other people/kids?

Also, any suggestions for where to stay in Singapore/Sentosa that is nice and not crowded, with access to a nice beach? We are travelling with family so are considering staying in a villa/suite since we will need 2 - 3 bedrooms anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions (hope it is okay to ask questions on a thread that is not mine *blush*). :)

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

carnag. what about doing plantation bay for your anniversary?

OP, I loved shangri-la in Kota. They know how to look after kids AND parents alike!

carang is offline Registered User

maybe... i'm kinda leaning towards club med in phuket. hubby likes the idea that everything is paid for up front. we know exactly how much we'll be spending.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Jaetee---I am doubting Sentosa has a nice beach, something to do with all the tankers and cargo vessels and that oil refinery you can see in the distance.
    Which doesn't make Sentosa a bad resort area, just not the place if you are looking for Bali North. We loved Rasa Sentosa and our toddler had a great time in the pool and doing a few other things on the resort.
    Also liked Rasa Ria in KK and, if you don't need a beach, KL is great for a long weekend. If you stay at the Traders, there is a park out the back of the hotel which has an immense playground and a wading pool with a waterfall and is perfect for toddlers.

Carang--please let us know how the Club Med thing goes. I'm with you; never thought I would be a Club Medder but their stuff looks pretty enticing.

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Jaetee---I am doubting Sentosa has a nice beach, something to do with all the tankers and cargo vessels and that oil refinery you can see in the distance.
    Which doesn't make Sentosa a bad resort area, just not the place if you are looking for Bali North. We loved Rasa Sentosa and our toddler had a great time in the pool and doing a few other things on the resort.
    Also liked Rasa Ria in KK and, if you don't need a beach, KL is great for a long weekend. If you stay at the Traders, there is a park out the back of the hotel which has an immense playground and a wading pool with a waterfall and is perfect for toddlers.

Carang--please let us know how the Club Med thing goes. I'm with you; never thought I would be a Club Medder but their stuff looks pretty enticing.
    Thanks Sleuth - any suggestions for places that might have a beach and a zoo/aquarium nearby?

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Have you considered Sanya? Around one month ago we took our then 16 month old and we had one of the best (short) family holidays we had had in a while. It is only a one hour flight, and we stayed at the Ritz Carlton. They have four pool areas including one in the kids club with a mini water slide. Although the kids club is generally for slightly older children, they were very welcoming to our girl, and she had a ball there. One of the main pools has a sand bar so your toddler can play in the shallows. And the rooms were very comfortable. The restaurants were also extremely accommodating with kids meals as well. The Ritz Carlton is also beach front, so we enjoyed the ocean as well. Highly recommend, especially if you want a short flight to a beachy destination.
    Beware: we did have some flight issues getting there and back with Hong Kong Express (will never fly them again). If we go again (which we are keen to do) will only be flying dragon air there and back. Good luck.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Right now our choices of vacation with kids (in Asia) has to be any place with a Shangri-la. So far, we've done Cebu and Kota Kinabalu and loved both, but really, really liked Cebu (because of the mangoes!). If you do Shangri-la, I'd highly recommend getting their Value Vacations package (booked directly with the hotel).

Kiddie Treasures: Shangri-la Value Vacations

zac08 is offline Registered User

i have to second the Ritz Sanya - it was wonderful and so very very child friendly! we didn't have any issues with hk express, thank goodness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12