Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Making Up Formula on Plane

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

we took hot water onboard and kept it in a bottle bag and as for the cold water, we asked for distilled water, which they usually have onboard. but remember to request for it at the gate or first thing when you get on coz they don't carry that many bottles.

southside852 is offline Registered User

We just flew back from the States. Going over, I brought an entire bottle of Baby Alp Water for our son and empty bottles. I brought a ton of food and 6 small boxes of Paul's milk. Going from HK into the States was much harder. I was stopped for about 20 minutes to defend my case. I explained to them that I needed this food b/c:
    * my flight home was 15 hours
    * there's 2 hours before leaving
    * I have to take into account any possible delays
    the flight itself is 15 hours then there's getting t through immigration at the other end

I said, if you can guarrantee that my son will have all the milk and water he will need, then I will gladly leave all these liquids here in HK. They conceded and I won! haha! It took awhile, but if you want it badly enough, then fight for it for your baby.

tstmum is offline Registered User

In HK I think it depends on who you get at security. I carry the small Paul's cartons plus some jar food for emergencies, and have travelled plenty of times with these. In HK only once have I been stopped and questionned about the milk cartons. A supervisor then came over and waved me through without a problem.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Now you all have me very worried! We are travelling in September and October and I have never been stopped at Hong Kong, Sydney, Brisbane or Auckland with bottles of boiled water in baby bottles (usually about 3 or 4 of them) plus milk powder and jars of baby food. Never been stopped and never been asked to try them. I have them in separate plastic bags and always ask them if I need to take them out to be separately scanned (like you sometimes need to do for your toilettries). I always take the water with me as you cannot be sure that the water on board has actually been boiled (ie: the stuff they use for coffee and tea is usually hot not boiled). We always fly Cathay and the flight attendants have no issue heating up the water for us. Think they use a coffee pot for it!

Will have to be prepared for HK to stop us if we get a tough one!

SB2

PS - having looked at the Heathrow website - they are very tough ...

Can I take milk powder with me to make up a bottle of milk on the plane?

Yes, you can carry milk powder.

What about a bottle or carton of prepared milk or sterilized water, do they need to be a maximum of 100ml?

No, nor do they have to fit in the resealable bag. However, the amount must be sufficient for your trip only and you will be asked to taste 50 per cent of the contents of the containers. There are no limits for powder formula; bottled water is available in shops after security. Your airline can provide water during the flight.

Can you buy cartons of formula milk from the shops after security?

Yes. Boots sell Cow & Gate ready to drink formula in both 250ml and 500ml sizes after security. Every country which is implementing the new security arrangements has accepted that parents with babies should be able to carry sufficient baby food/milk for the journey, so "reasonable amounts" are exempted although you will be asked to open and taste at least 50per cent of the containers when going through BAA’s UK airports

What about jars of baby food?

We are required to test at least 50% of the jars of infant or baby food that you bring with you. Try to only carry what you need for the journey. The jars do not need to go into the re-sealable bag.

What about pureed food in plastic pots or containers?

The same test applies. We have to test at least half of what you bring with you; the jars do not need to go into the re-sealable bag.

Can we carry children’s liquid ibuprofen and paracetamol in our hand luggage?

Yes, carry sufficient for the trip and less than 100ml. You may need to test the liquid medicine by tasting it.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Duplicate post for some reason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123