Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Prenatal Exercise Classes?

Monty is offline Registered User

Thank you for all of the wonderful replies!

I had seen the classes at Flex, Lesliefu but Stanley is just too far for me to travel. I was there on Saturday and it took me an hour of travel each way!

Interesting reading about Planet Yoga, Mamma Moo and Purple Flower. Given the increased stresses on the body during pregnancy, I think it is vital to engage in exercise lead my professionals who are properly trained in their fields. How they can be teaching yoga and not hold proper qualifications is highly questionable.

Karmah - I thought that was the case, re: membership at Pure Yoga/Pure Fitness. It seems a bit rich that you need to sign up for a membership when you can only attend 2 of their scheduled classes per week!

Thanks for the suggestion Nicolejoy, I will look into it. I was thinking that Pilates might be the way to go and I will definitely look into the classes at the Matilda. They sound great Cesh. Unfortunately I don't have any private health insurance so seeing a physio would be a bit of a costly adventure.

BrightStar - congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm due on December 10 and from Australia as well. I'm not sure if you are aware of not but there is a few of us, all due in December, that go for lunch every couple of weeks. Why don't you join us? Some of us are going for lunch tomorrow if you can make it. PM me for the details.

Thanks for the suggestions again everyone!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

If there's a small group interested and we can find a suitable location, I'm more than happy to hold some classes.

Monty is offline Registered User

Purple Flower - now that is definitely something to think about. How many people would you be looking for to make it a regular session?

eneri7 is offline Registered User

Just had my baby and went to Anahata throughout my pregnancy. I loved it- classes are small and relaxing. Teachers are very experienced. I'm pretty sure they have a special package for pre-natal classes only. Best of luck!

I'd say 4-6 would be a good number. I know of a small studio that I can hire in Central but need to walk up two flights of stairs... Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Chilli is offline Registered User

I also attended the Matilda classes from 14 weeks into my pregnancy. I found them great as they cover breathing, relaxation and general pilates. I am convinced that I had no real aches and pains throughout my pregnancy because of them. The classes are small, they are the cheapest in HK $150 for 1.5 hours and the teacher Sharon is really nice and not in your face like some of them.

I did a free yoga class at Anahanta yoga. The teacher was dreadful as she criticised me saying I could not do any of the poses even though I told her I had never done yoga before! I had the worst backache ever after that class and had to invest in a prenatal massage. Also I thought it was really weird how they said they did not know what their prices were when I called up to enquire.

Just had an idea, if you guys would like, I'm more than happy to meet up over a fruit smoothee or something. If there's a small group interested. You can ask me any questions you might have. That way, you won't have to commit to a class without knowing who I am. Let me know.

BertieB is offline Registered User

Hi PurpleFlower, I'm a bit late to this, I know, but if you did get a group together and have space for 1 more, please PM me. I'm now 14 weeks and would love to join.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast