Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Breakfast for 11.5mths old?

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

Breakfast for 11.5mths old?

I wonder what kind of solids you can give to 11.5mths old baby for breakfast? My baby currently only drink BM in the mornings and eats solids 2X, once for lunch and once for dinner and drinks BM before sleep. She also drinks BM 1-2X at night.
    I want to up her solids to 3X but not sure what I can give her in the morning, we are chinese btw. and she is very late in teething (only one bottom tooth at this moment)
    Any ideas to share will be appreciated!!

carang is offline Registered User

toast fingers
    pancakes
    jam sandwich
    peanut butter sandwich (they say wait until 1 yr, but you are very close)
    cha siu bao

by one year a child should be able to eat EVERYTHING an adult eats, just in smaller pieces & quantities.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I actually started my baby on 3x a day a few weeks ago at 6 months. He usually has oatmeal with some kind of fruit, often mixed into the oatmeal. today was mashed bananas and oatmeal. When he`s 7 months old, I`ll put him on yogurt too.
    Since she doesn`t have any teeth, it might be easier to keep her on softer foods like that. Or you can just give her another meal of whatever you are giving her.
    As a westerner, I like to eat fruit and cereal/bread in the morning, so I just naturally give my son the same thing.

geomum is offline Registered User

At 11.5 months a baby should be having some solids in her breakfast, for instance:
    French toast
    Pancakes with fruits
    Waffles with fruits
    Boiled/ scrambled eggs with toast
    Different types of cereals with fruits
    Yogurt/ Smoothies
    Etc etc......

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

thanks everyone! but she has no teeth so I wonder how she eats the toast and crunchy cereal?? or should I soak in milk and feed her that with spoon?
    and also I thought I read somewhere baby should not eat any salt or sugar till at 2yrs?

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

We also gave baby oatmeal and fruit to our little one from 6 months old. Can't recall the quantities but we used the Gina Ford Book of Weaning which I thought was excellent and went through step by step (and day by day) on how to introduce solids and how much etc. Very much recommend it. Now our son is 17 months he has oatmeal and fruit some days and toast others. Once we finish up the oatmeal stocks, we'll give him other cereals as well.

Agree with the limits on sugar and we do not give our son any salt (except where it is in the product already - eg: bread and crackers).

SB2

tstmum is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=yuukalim0404;922909]thanks everyone! but she has no teeth so I wonder how she eats the toast and crunchy cereal?? or should I soak in milk and feed her that with spoon?
    QUOTE]

You will be surprised what babies can eat with not many teeth. Mine was eating toast at about 10 months and only had a couple of teeth then. Breakfast cereal (eg, Weetabix) I tend to make fairly soggy with millk and feed with a spoon.

Other breakfast items at 11-12 months:
    - oatmeal mixed with chopped or mashed fruit
    - toasted crumpets or English muffins
    - chopped or mashed fruit with yoghurt

geomum is offline Registered User

Its amazing but babies do manage eating toast, cereal, biscuits/ crackers etc etc even when they don't have teeth. I try not to add salt to most of my daughter's food and very little sugar.