Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Saying Hi...and Any advice on child friendly areas to live???

@dorable is offline Registered User

Red face Saying Hi...and Any advice on child friendly areas to live???

Hey all ,

I lived in Hong Kong around 3 yrs ago for approx 2 1/2 years...loved it! (obv after I had got over being homesick!) Anways, ended up moving back to the U.K, which we enjoyed, but living back in London we realised we still had the asia bug!
    So here we are again... We will be moving back to Hong Kong late Oct and so thought I would start hopefully making friends to meet up with once I arrive!

I am 27, married and now coming back to Hong Kong with a 1 1/2 little boy whose very cheeky ( but adorable lol) So any toddler related advice will be much appreciated - playgroups, meet-ups, food, activities!

Does anyone feel there are more family/child friendly areas than others? We haven't really thought about areas to move to so any advice would really be helpful.

And obviously I love my nights off so meeting up for coffees and dinner is also in my list of priorities!!!

Hope to start making friends soon and look forward to arriving...

Bye Bye for now!

pipinhk is offline Registered User

Hi there! I've sent you a lengthy PM!
    Amanda x

rani is offline Administrator

Hey Adorable! Welcome Back to HK! You just missed B&R who are back in the UK. Lots of friendly areas for you guys. Even your old building in Mid-Levels is pretty kid-friendly :)

Hey thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Amanda thanks for the pm, will defo reply in a bit!
    Hey Rani, thank you for the warm welcomes! Yep, B&R are intact back here, looking to meet up with B next week and fill her in with the news!!

We were wondering if better to live on the south side? Air cleaner? Anyways I guess it's about exploring areas once we arrive!
    Fingers crossed the move goes well and hope to arrange some playdates with other mums then!

All advice re: move etc is appreciated!
    Thanks guys xxx

southside852 is offline Registered User

we live on the southside and while the pollution is less over here, it still exists. I don't think you can escape it in HK. We have bought 2 IQ Air filters (hospital grade) for our son who is now 20 months old.

We love the southside - tons of families, family-friendly buildings and there's the American Club, HK Country Club, Stanley Beach/Market and Repulse Bay. PM if you have any specific questions!

Welcome!

carang is offline Registered User

budget? i'm guessing if you are considering southside, it's fairly hefty?

rani is offline Administrator

Adorable, Say hi to B for me.

Do you plan on driving? If not, then I would recommend looking at places closer to town. Happy Valley or Parkview which is less than 10 mins from Causeway Bay.

Do you remember meeting Sazzy last time you here? Your kids are the same age.

Yep will do!!! I missed her being in hk, now she's back and I'm leaving again lol

and yes planning to get a car in hk so don't mind travelling, just not too far from town.

No I don't remember meeting sazzy but would love to make friends!
    I remember the 1st time in hk before I found geoexpat I felt like a loner! Geo saved me haha!