Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where to start?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I have a silly question:
    I was given a sleeping bag (different brand and therefore no tog #) but don`t know if I can use it now. I use air con in my baby`s room and he usually wears sleepers with or without the feet. So, can I use it now - it`S not so thick, but I don`t know, and what would he wear underneath then? And does it prevent them for turning over? I like that he can turn over, bc I swear, he sleeps better on his tummy.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Shenzhennifer - we use a 1 tog bag at the moment with aircon on. The bag is not that thick. Our son sleeps in just a short sleeve jumpsuit (no legs) and he is fine. I do check him by feeling the back of his neck to make sure he is not too warm or cold. I would give it a try and you can adjust the aircon and/or clothes to suit.

It does not prevent them from rolling over. That is the beauty of the sleeping bags as they don't get tangled up and the covers stay on them if they roll around.

How old is your baby?

SB2

nino is offline Registered User

You can also try Eco-Mama. They sell second hand items as well as some new items.

solidstars is offline Registered User

you don't have to buy the entire list!!! just get the bare essentials otherwise you'd end up with too much stuff you don't use!

1stimemum is offline Registered User

solidstars, I'm glad someone said that! the whole list will cost a fortune too. Its a great starting point but I've started to sit down and really ask if i need to get everything and right away...

I'm going to aim to at least get the big 3 - Stroller, Cot, Carrier and then move on to the next : Grobag, Nappies, Miracle Blanket.

Question: are bottles, sterilizers, teats nec to get before baby arrives? I intend to breastfeed but have heard it good to have this one hand.

I"m guessing right now : Nappies,

solidstars is offline Registered User

i didn't get bottles till about a month or two later, but on hindsight wished i had so it wouldn't be so hard teaching him how to use one! I only bought ONE breastflow bottle though.

steriliser, i got one ahead of time, but with milkmonster's advice got a TEFAL steamer (newer version), which i love!

MilkMonster Laughs: Steaming Goodness

bart is offline Registered User

I bought most of my stuff from Jusco at Taikoo.. they have quite a nice selection of things. More Japanese/Asian compared to the other big baby stores.. cheaper and have lots of sales too!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Starbucks - thanks for your sleeping bag guidance. I might try it, but I`m a bit worried about putting him in a short sleeve jumpsuit. Our ACs suck and even though it`s on a low setting, and although it alternates between really cold and not cold, the room is tiny and so it gets cold fast. I`ll try it though, can`t hurt. hopefully he`ll sleep better than he did last night (woke up 5-6 times, maybe due to teething?).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast