Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Julia Gabriel Centre for Learning - Singapore

southside852 is offline Registered User

Julia Gabriel Centre for Learning - Singapore

Does anyone have any experience / feedback on the Julia Gabriel Centre for Learning in Singapore?

We are moving there from HK and is one of the only places I have found where my 20 month year can do bilingual playgroup and/or just mandarin/english like he does here at Tutor Time Redhill.

Julia Gabriel Centre For Learning

mscheerful is offline Registered User

have u check on Josiah Montessori in Simei or Mellenia Walk? they do bilingual too.

vivie is offline Registered User

I have been taking my daughter to Julia Gabriel since she was 7 months old, both in the mandarin and the english programme. It is fantastic - the teachers are good, the activities are varied and fun, and generally, we have loved every moment. You can also try Buttercups Montessori, for bi-lingual programmes.

yonge is offline Registered User

Singapore is Mandarin/English speaking, so finding a bilingual playgroup is pretty easy and inexpensive. Julia Gabriel is very well known, but definitely one of the most expensive. Less expensive options include MMI Montessori, which we used as well as the YMCA Metropolitan. In the year that the child turns 3, she is eligible to go to programs with curriculum following the Ministry of Education's guidelines, which is also bilingual English and Mandarin - where the costs fall further still. Newton Kindergarten is a very well known, established church kindergarten that is also very inexpensive, but in Singapore, there are just so many good ones.

southside852 is offline Registered User

We decided on Julia Gabriel and love his mandarin teacher, but hate the administrators there. It's definitely expensive, but very convenient for us.

It's funny as been here for almost 4 months and I still think it's quite hard to find an all mandarin/bilingual program that my son likes, is clean and has good resources. Many are montessori which I am not in favor of. We have a few local friends as well who are also in Julia Gabriel's mandarin class with us too.