Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dr Alexander Doo and Dr Patrick Chan

mumto2 is offline Registered User

thank you Mela, very helpful. Yes going to "try" them both...lol...

baffelly is offline Registered User

I have very good experience with Dr Chan as well. My baby was delivered by him in January. There was some slight complication and we have to do a C-section 3 weeks early but he has been very reassuring and made you feel calm and confident.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

I also had an exceptional experience with Dr Doo over the past 5 months, and he helped deliver my baby boy around 2 weeks ago at Matilda. This was my second pregnancy, but first with Dr Doo, and comparing him with my first Ob/gyn (who I thought was also very good) I thought he was extrememly professional, thorough, kind, knowledgeable and approachable. I had a fairly smooth pregnancy and didn't really have to call on him for any additional help, but he continually reassured me that if I needed anything to call him straight away. In the delivery room, he gave me a lot of confidence in his ability to get the job done, and my husband also felt very reassured by him. Honestly, I can't recommend him enough, and if we decide to have a third child, and are in Hong Kong, I will definitely go back to him without hesitation.
    For the record, the longest I waited to see him for a consultation was an hour. He also does a full scan each consultation (much more detailed by other Obs I have seen, which has actually been a few), explains everything that is going on, and I learnt much more from him in this pregnancy than prior Obs. As he does scans every visit, each visit is $1900 (which we were not fully covered for), but when I was deciding which Ob to go with, I felt most confident with him. We thought the increased cost was a small price to pay for the level of service he provided, and the confidence he gave me to get through the whole process. I found that he is also very open to go with 'your' birth plan. He was quite 'pro' natural delivery, never pushed for a c-section, and listened to what I wanted. My husband and I were extremely happy with him. Good luck in your decision.

mumto2 is offline Registered User

many thanks for your great input aussiemum.

stephky is offline Registered User

I actually started off seeing Dr Doo for my current pregnancy and have now changed to Dr Chan.

Apart from the difference in cost, I found Dr Doo to be extremely busy (I had to wait 45 mins to 1 hour for my consultation each time). Although he is very professional and seems to know what he is talking about, I guess I felt a bit rushed at each consultation. At the consultations, the nurse takes your blood pressure and you have to go to the laboratory next door to get your blood samples taken.

Also, I wanted to book the Sanatorium to give birth, but I felt that Dr Doo was trying to convince me to book Matilda. When I did end up deciding on the Sanatorium, Dr Doo mentioned that he has sessions at Matilda on certain days of the week which means that he can't be present if I end up having the baby naturally at another hospital during those sessions. So if you book Dr Doo and want to have a natural birth, then you are pretty much limited to having your baby at Matilda if you want him to be present for sure.

My friend recommended Dr Chan so I tried him and both my husband and I absolutely adore his manner. He does everything himself (taking blood pressure and blood samples) and you never feel rushed at his consultations. He is very happy and willing to give you a lengthy answer to any questions you may have. The wait is not long for your consultation, usually around 15-20 mins, and the consultation itself is much longer than Dr Doo's (maybe he books less consultations every hour, I don't know).

It's my first pregnancy so I guess I prefer Dr Chan's more personal touch, but it's a very personal thing so the best thing is to try both of them and then decide. Note that the hospital you booked might charge you a fee for changing doctors though, the Sanatorium charged me an "admin" fee of HK$1,000 for changing.

Angouleme is offline Registered User

hello,
    can somebody tell me how to post a message????? I can't figure out at all. thanks.

rani is offline Administrator

Angouleme, sending you a PM (Private Msg)

cocol is offline Banned

Dr. Patrick Chan

Dear All,

Can you clarify which Dr. Patrick Chan we are referring to? Is his office in Tak Shing House in Central and phone number 2522 2500?

I have already made an appointment with a Dr. Patrick Chan with the above information. I just want to make sure that he is the same one as the one that you all have such positive feedback on.

Thanks!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast