Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

waking up screaming

lesliefu is offline Registered User

waking up screaming

after waking up (whether it is in the morning or after a nap) my nephews always cry and wail and scream....does anyone have the same experience? can any share with me what they have tried doing to prevent this from happening? i have no patience for this and just let them cry...which they do for 15mins and then eventually stop...but this method can't be used outside of the house....any help would be greatly appreciated!

curiouscat2 is offline Registered User

how old are they?

when my 4.5 month old wakes up crying i usually take that as a cue that she's hungry.

but sometimes she cries when she's been woken up before she's really ready to wake up, if you know what i mean. maybe because of some sudden loud noise, or maybe a bad dream? (although honestly, i'm not sure if babies her age dream at all...) and then i just hold her and try to soothe her and she becomes quiet fairly soon.

i'm not sure if this helps!

curiouscat2 is offline Registered User

how old are they?

how old are they?

when my 4.5 month old wakes up crying i usually take that as a cue that she's hungry.

but sometimes she cries when she's been woken up before she's really ready to wake up, if you know what i mean. maybe because of some sudden loud noise, or maybe a bad dream? (although honestly, i'm not sure if babies her age dream at all...) and then i just hold her and try to soothe her and she becomes quiet fairly soon.

i'm not sure if this helps!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

they are 3 and 4 years old! when they sleep over at grannies place, this doesn't happen (because they are in the same room as the grannies)....thanks though curiouscat2 for helping!

marie313 is offline Registered User

my daughter always did the same thing. i think its just to let you know they are awake.
    i told my daughter not to scream, but to shout "mummy, im awake" so i would know, and could go and get her from her room.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

When my sister was younger, she would do this. My mum would walk in and say "I'll wait until you're happy and then I'll come back and get you ok?" - after that, when she woke up in the morning, she would yell out "MUMMY I'M HAPPY NOW!!!" - that became her new wake up call. So cute!! And much better than screaming too!!