Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which is your child's favourite toy?

LeahH is offline Registered User

My daughter was recently given a shopping trolley (little tikes) which she loves to fill up with stuff and push around. Also she loves etch-a-sketch, those drawing pads that you can draw on, then erase. She also has a mini one for the plane that is great. Also a little metal tea set has stood the test of time. She creates little picnic on the couch for us all.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Daddy.

But more seriously, I have another transport obsessed little boy. He has spent HOURS with his train set.

To make things easier on us, we've encouraged a lot of copying or make believe games; he's into 'helping clean' and has a little cleaning trolley that he likes to use (although 'mopping' the floor with water from the toilet bowl that one time wasn't particularly helpful) and he loves to 'help' cook lunch by buttering the bread or grating cheese with me, or helping me spoon milk and sugar into my many cups of tea :) and adores 'fixing things' with his hammer. Drawing and play doh are great too but he needs to be in the mood.

To be honest mostly he'll just use a remote control or the cardboard from a tissue roll and pretend it's a car/digger/train.

So to answer your question, a little bit of everything I guess outside of playing with his transport toys-- at this age things can change so rapidly from day to day that id suggest keep it cheap and not buy too many different kinds of toys until she does find something she truly loves. Getting messy is always a good bet until she makes up her mind!

Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

sherwes is offline Registered User

My son is not really into actual toys. He loves books (Richard Scarry is a huge favourite and I would recommend him to all mothers of boys) and watching Play School DVDs. Other than that he loves playing in his paddling pool, pulling all of the plastic containers out of the cupboards and any task where he has to pour things from one container to another (such as water, rice, lentils etc).

louisouis is offline Registered User

18 month old son loves phones, remotes and the broom with dustpan. Otherwise he loves to hug his bruin bear and dance when it sings, he is not a fan of paddington bear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12