Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

baby's first birthday

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

baby's first birthday

My girl is coming to 1yrs old in a few days. I wonder how did you spend this day with your little one? I am not thinking of anything fanciful, maybe just a simple dinner get together with the family and a cake, though she may not be able to eat the cake as its too sweet!
    Just want to hear your experience mommies, thanks

lilypotter2009 is offline Registered User

My litlle boy will be 1 September 12th and we are planning a small party with 4 or 5 of his friends around his age. We a re doing an ocean theme party since he had so much fun visiting the Aquarium in California. We are getting a water table for them to splash in and a submarine ball pit so the little ones can stay entertained! We are making sandwiches and jello jigglers cut out in sea shapes, and BBq for the adults. We made custom invitations with pictures of our little one on them at Shutterfly.com, they only ran about $0.69 each and were abosutely adorable!

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by yuukalim0404 View Post
    My girl is coming to 1yrs old in a few days. I wonder how did you spend this day with your little one? I am not thinking of anything fanciful, maybe just a simple dinner get together with the family and a cake, though she may not be able to eat the cake as its too sweet!
    Just want to hear your experience mommies, thanks
    That's exactly what we did and he loved it. We did let him eat the cake, though. Made a mess and makes for some great photos. Plus the present opening thing.
    Have done it that way for both kids.
    We did a bigger party for the third birthday this year, but just in terms of having friends. No people jumping out of cakes or fireworks or clowns or anything.
    Our kids, and their friends, don't really need to be entertained when they are together. They entertain themselves.

sorchului is offline Registered User

Any venue suggestions for baby's first birthday parties in Hk?

Neha is offline Banned

Wise kids, Playtown, My Gym, Gymboree, JW Tumbles, Bishop Lei International, Football ( if u have membership) ,

southside852 is offline Registered User

we had our friends from playgroup over and close family friends. we did the baby-friendly cake from "What to expect" then had additional cupcakes made with "M" on them (my son's initial) which were full fat and sweet for the adults and older children.

Our son's bday is during the winter months so we had a picnic at Shek-O beach too.

LSB
    LSB is offline Registered User

My daughter was 1 year old on 27 Sept 2009 & we celebrated her birthday with family & relatives & a few friends having tea buffet party at one of the hotel in HK (no need to spend time to buy food & ending up wasting a lots of food) When she gets older, we could show her birthday photos she would be appreciated what we did for her at her 1st birthday as it is really important to us as well. Show our respect.