Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

8 month old no sound

sweety576 is offline Registered User

8 month old no sound

Hi Friends,

My 8 months old baby boy he is not talking at all...even he doesnt have bubbles, from last 4-5 days he has started doing aaa mrng time...thts it. i m worried alot....pls. let me know your comments..

lesliefu is offline Registered User

my baby girl is 1 year old and she only screams on the top of her lungs and starting to say "ba" and "hi"...don't worry! boys are developmentally slower than girls in language (usually) as long as you provide enough stimulation when the time is right to talk, you will be hoping that he doesn't talk too much! :)

reei is offline Registered User

sweety576 when you bring our boy to the MCHC, the nurses will check on his progress and tell you if something is to be concerned about..

monte is offline Registered User

I agree, it may or may not be something wrong. Kids do have their own schedules, and boys are generally slower. I don't think my son really babbled much until 11 months or so. We were concerned about hearing problems, but the doctor said to wait until 12 months and see, and by then he was making lots of noise and now he is right on track with words and speaking (he's 18 mo.)
    However, I do think that mother's intuition is pretty good, so if you feel worried, it wouldn't hurt to take him to MCHC or your doctor and just ask for another opinion. They know that it's in the baby's best interest to catch any problems early, so don't worry about going in even if he ends up to be fine. Good luck!

sweety576 is offline Registered User

thanks for your opinion. MCH said his hearing and other activities are good....so we shouldnt worry about him....he is just slow in speaking...but now he has started lil bubbles too...and then he has started making some sounds too.....I hope he will say his first word..like ba ba or ma ma...

juli is offline Registered User

sweety576,
    do not worry or feel pressured and do not not compare your kid with others ^^ they are all unique. one of the things you can do is to respond whenever he is making sound. This will encourage him. Communicate with him too.