Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Would you recommend traveling to HK with a 15 mths baby during swine flu pandemic?

Cutie mom is offline Registered User

Would you recommend traveling to HK with a 15 mths baby during swine flu pandemic?

Hi,

I'm planning to go to HK in early Oct with my 15 mths old boy But very much worry about the swine flu. My baby has never got sick so not sure how strong his immune system is. Since this doesn't seem to slow down at all, I'm wondering is this a good time to go to HK or should I wait?

Since you guys live in HK, thinking maybe you can give me some insider perspective.

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

honestly, life is continuing as per usual with a little bit of extra hand washing.

personally, i wouldn't stop my travel plans for something that, for the most part, seems to be not very harmful to most who catch it. yes, there are deaths reported, but they seem to be mostly with people that have "underlying" problems.

afterall... there are millions of us living in hk, many of us with our children.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Isn't there swine flu pretty much everywhere in the world? I don't think it's unique to Hong Kong. Just wash your hands more and tell your kids to also when you are here.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

In may, at the height of it all, I flew to Canada where there were waaaay more cases of swine flu. I was more worried about that then living in HK. In fact, many other countries have more cases than HK. The only mark against HK is the high population density.
    But I would not change my plans, if I were in your place.

Neha is offline Banned

Hk is quite safe all buildings trains are being sterlized regularly. Of course that doesnot mean u can't fall ill. Swine flu is everywhere is the world