Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post-Pregnancy Fat

reei is offline Registered User

breastfeeding and no maid.. make me lose weight more than i wanted to. i am actually thinner than before i got pregnant

Fisona is offline Registered User

Has anyone tried post pregnancy belly wrap?

Does it work?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by reei View Post
    breastfeeding and no maid.. make me lose weight more than i wanted to. i am actually thinner than before i got pregnant
    Hmmm...I had no maid (and I live out in the middle of nowhere--it takes 20 minutes to walk to the nearest Wellcome and we don't have a car and there is no bus that goes there) and I breastfed. I sure wish I could say I was thinner now than before I got pregnant. Just goes to show how everyone's metabolism is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie mum View Post
    my hormones were completely messed around with my my first pregnancy and my PCOS went out of control. Following a low carb south beach diet kind of thing (my own variation of) has beent he first thing that has worked at all.
    15kg in about 12 weeks. Still have 12kg to go but at least I am getting somewhere for the first time in more than 3 years!
    Ive upped the exercise too - I now do Spinning, Swim Squad and Pilates. I'm hoping to have the rest off my Xmas

I'm convinced my abs are hiding in there somewhere ;o)
    Congrats on the great weight loss! Man, I wish I had the opportunity to do exercise at a gym. I really want to start with a beginners pilates class but as far as I know there is nothing anywhere remotely close to where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Koan View Post
    I was one of the select few who actually gained while BFing. It was totally my fault, I was eating the wrong foods. Once I realised that hey I CAN BF without eating a couple of pieces of cheesecake a day was a big moment for me ;) .

I did Weight Watchers (they have a programme for nursing mums) and lost 13kg. I gained about 4 back over summer while travelling so I'm back on the diet.

I didn't really do any extra exercise (just my normal walking to and from work, chasing after my kid, walking to the shops etc) but limited my junk intake and the weight came off. It wasn't that hard, I don't know why I took so long to get started...
    I envy anyone who can say it wasn't that hard to lose weight. Right now I eat an extremely restricted diet, exercise and am really active--walking all day, every day and on my feet and of course the mommy stuff of chasing after an active kid and I still have that darn 15 kg to lose! But, with the weight watchers thing, I'm totally anti-synthetic sweeteners because of how harmful they can be to the body so I don't think I would be up for WW.

Quote Originally Posted by starbucks2 View Post
    I was lucky with my first as BF'ing really helped me and I lost the 14 kgs I put on by the time my baby was 6 weeks old. I am definitely getting the feeling second time around that (a) I'll end up putting on more weight (boo) and (b) it will not come off so easily. I have used weightwatchers in the past and it is really good and getting you to understand portion control and how many calories food has in it BUT in order to enjoy any treats (soft drink, sweets etc) you really do have to embrace phenalanines (spelling?) which I have objections to. Think that I will need to employ ww following baby #2.

I guess at the end of the day - the old stuff works the best - treats in moderation, exercise, input = output (more exercise = more treats)! Will at least be easier to get out and do some exercise when the weather cools but, like thanka2, I will miss the outdoor pools.

SB2
    Yeah, I know what you mean about the synthetic sugar thing and WW. But...I'm finding that I really like stevia and its "250?300 times sweeter than sucrose, heat stable, pH stable, and non-fermentable." I really like to bake and right now I'm trying to find stevia in powder form for baking. I have it in concentrate dropper form. It's 100% non-caloric and it's not synthetic. Does anyone know where to buy powdered or grain stevia in HK?

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by starbucks2 View Post
    I was lucky with my first as BF'ing really helped me and I lost the 14 kgs I put on by the time my baby was 6 weeks old.
    Wow, you lost all your weight in just 6 weeks!! So lucky!

bumbeeno is offline Registered User

I gained 22kg during my pregnancy! I weighed myself when I got home after 5 nights in hospital (I had an emergency c-section) and I had lost only 7kg and felt so miserable (hormones probably added to it) cos I still looked about 5-6 months preggers. But after 2 months of sleepless nights (and days), exclusive breastfeeding and household chores I had shed another 8kg. Weight loss plateaued at that stage and I thought, the rest ain't gonna go without exercise to burn the fat. Then I found out that my baby's eczema could've been partly attributed to a dairy allergy so I went dairy-free on his paediatrician's advice, which is such a difficult thing to do because so many food items have dairy products in them. Out the window went chocolates, biscuits, cake, pate and even some types of bread because some bakeries use milk powder in them. It's unbelievable how many things contain dairy products even if it's not apparent. I stopped eating Western food in restaurants because of the use of butter/cheese and ate only Chinese/oriental food if we had to get food from outside. But mostly I did the cooking... and lost another 5kg in 3 weeks! Now I'm only 2kg over my pre-pregnancy weight - I think that's the limit, though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast