Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My 19 month old has STOPPED eating

geomum is offline Registered User

Her weight hasn't increased over the past 4 months or so. She is active and sleeps well, hasn't been sick either. Location change doesn't help she justn't isn't interesed. She drinks milk but if I blend fruits in it she refuses to drink it, smoothies are out of the question. I am giving her multi vitamins now.
    Frenchy is your son eating well now, how old is her? How did you get his interest back in food?

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

I agree that it might be a teething problem. She will eventually eat but in the meantime, all you can do is let her eat what she wants to eat until her appetite returns. If she's still on milk powder, that should be enough in terms of vitamins and nutirents (for the time being). My son is into food that's 'creamy' at the moment (he's almost 21mths) so I add full cream milk when cooking his mealls.

southside852 is offline Registered User

my son has done this too as it comes in waves, partly due to teething and partly bc he just didn't feel like eating. yes, i was very worried in the beginning, but i've just learned to:
    1) not make a big deal about the food.
    2) if he's not eating his main meals, i just give more tiny snacks or leave food on his little table where I catch him stealing a snack or two.
    3) i always make sure he can see me eating which sometimes makes him hungry looking at me
    4) he's at a stage now (21 months) where he likes to eat from my bowl so I put his actual food in my bowl and pretend to eat it...it works great. He thinks he's eating different food from what I was originally going to serve him.

like carang said, keep offering it and when she is hungry she will definitely eat.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

My son is nearly 23 months now, and even if the variety of his food is not very large, I manage to make him eat an egg in the morning with some bread, and a fruit puree, and a fruit juice. For lunch and dinner I give him either some rice, pasta with bolognese (home made with meat, carrots and celeri), a fish stick, some ham... he might eat 1/4 of it, even if I give him small portions, but he just wants things he can eat on his own. He refused the food for many days, and little to little he would try. It also comes with his willing to do like us, and alone. He loves to copy the other kids too, so he will easily eat a craker or some cheese when we are with some friends.
    There is one thing he likes, it's the veggies and fruits mix in the poaches from B2B, the organic ones. It's puree, but at least he gets things like broccoli, or peas etc... even if mixed with fruits. I know one day he will want something else, but in between he has enough nutrients.
    I always try to put something new in his plate... even if I have to eat it myself at the end ! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12