Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stroller for 2 1/2 yr old

premama is offline Registered User

Stroller for 2 1/2 yr old

Hi,

I just gave birth to a baby a few weeks ago and have a 2 1/2 yr old. We currently have 1 combi stroller and are thinking of buying another stroller for my 2 year old - does anyone have any suggestions as to which brand is good for a toddler?

Also, is anyone is selling any 2nd hand strollers for toddlers (in good condition), please let me know.

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

honestly, by 2.5, your child should be able to walk for very long stretches at a time. i know my eldest did, and my youngest does.

we haven't used a stroller for them (except when travelling overseas) since my youngest was less than 2. we also stopped using a stroller for my eldest when he was about 2.

we just explained that they are big kids now and that they can walk. we don't usually agree to carry them unless they have fallen asleep somewhere or unless they are sick.

you may find it too difficult trying to manage 2 strollers.

when my youngest was younger, we still used one stroller and they switched places. but, obviously this won't work for a new born.

my youngest will be 3 in february.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Both our 2 and a half year old and 3 and a half year old essentially share a McLaren Techno xt. We go on walks to the Tai Tam reservoir etc and there is no way I would expect such little kids to manage the sort of distance we do. We also take it with us if we take a trip into Kowloon or Central. One inevitably is tired so the other one walks and vice versa.

LeahH is offline Registered User

We've bought a buggy board for use with our baby's stroller, our 2.5 year old finds it a little difficult to manage at the moment but I think she will be fine with it soon. We will use that places like Disney etc. that are flat. We also have a McLaren (the lightest one that lays back) which we use for both kids and or travelling. We've never actually used both in the 2 strollers at the same time - too cumbersome. We just take the one that makes sense for that particular destination and interchange.

carang is offline Registered User

my two did a 9 hour day at disneyland about 2 months ago without a stroller (at the time, my daughter would have been 2.5, and my son 4.5)

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Our two kids also share a single stroller. The older one mostly for when we are out at nap time.
    Two strollers seems rather cumbersome.

reei is offline Registered User

i have a combi quickids for sales, in very good condition and still have a few months warranty.

premama is offline Registered User

Thanks all for your comments. I was thinking of getting another stroller mainly for nap time for my 2 1/2 year old - she normally likes to walk so the stroller is really just for naps.

LeahH, where do you get the buggy board in HK?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast