Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Portable cots - Phil & Ted's or Baby Bjorn?

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Portable cots - Phil & Ted's or Baby Bjorn?

I'm in the market for a portable/travel cot and after some online research, I've narrowed it down to the Phil & Ted's and Baby Bjorn models. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

We have the Baby Bjorn and it's worked well for us. My son is now just a little over two and has always been on the tall side (95%) and he still fits pretty comfortably in it. Granted we don't use it all the time (we've used it 4 times and have lend it to friends twice) but I can't say there's much to complain about it. It's very light weight for a travel cot, very easy to set up and put away, and seems to pretty comfortable so that my son is willing to sleep in it. I've never looked at the Phil & Ted's so can't compare it to it but out of all the other cots we looked it, the Baby Bjorn is definitely the lightest.

Thanks so much for this feedback Wenyishu. The Baby Bjorn does look very good.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

I was in the same position before a month-long trip visiting family in the US this summer and narrowed my choice down to the Baby Bjorn and Phil & Ted's. I went with the Phil & Ted's and have been very pleased with my choice. I decided on this one because my daughter is slightly tall for her age at 19 months and the P&T one is longer. The Baby Bjorn just looks short when it is set up. Weight also was a very important factor for me since I am often traveling alone and don't want heavy bags. There is a big weight difference between the two. The P&T is a little finicky to set-up the first couple of times but once you get used to it, it is easy. I bought a pillow case that is meant for a long body pillow (got the nice thick fleece one!) and it fits perfectly as a mattress cover.

My daughter took right to the cot and we will be using it again at Christmas for another 2 months of travel.

augustbump is offline Registered User

hi there!

we have a baby bjorn portable cot. I had used it couple of times when we are traveling.. Its so easy to set up which is vital as I need to unpack quickly to settle my girl to bed each time. Also the weight is extremely crucial - its only 5kg which is fantastic as I can carry it whenever i am traveling alone. The mattress is comfy! we have been using it for 4 months now.. no complains from my baby girl ( 14 mths old) .The only regret i did have is not to have purchase this cot much much earlier..would have made my life easier when we did travel in the past!

Thanks so much for your feedback cyberfish and augustbump.

augustbump, have you taken your Bjorn cot on a plane before? If so, did you check it in as luggage? It is still quite big when folded down so I was wondering how easy it is to transport.