Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Maclaren USA recall on umbrella strollers

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

Having looked at the Maclaren recall video posted above, I don't think our Quest has the same elbow hinge mechanism. It was bought at Bumps to Babes (so presumably imported from the UK, or perhaps directly from China - but is a UK model).

I asked at Bumps to Babes this afternoon and they are providing the elbow hinge cover for Maclaren strollers from next week onwards. But having seen the video, I don't think my stroller needs it.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Merrymum, thanks for posting the video. It eased my mind. Turns out that similar to Honkeyblues, my Quest model is different so thankfully I don't have to worry about this.

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

Also, if you bought your stroller at Mothercare, they should have the kits in their store by Monday - they are expecting the kits in their warehouse by tomorrow afternoon. Anyways, if you call them and leave them your number, they will call you once they receive the repair kits. You will have to bring in your stroller to the store to receive the repair kit.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I went to the Maclaren office in Shun Tak centre today, very easy to get the repair kit. Took me 2 minutes. You can get it by either bringing the stroller OR the receipt.

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Hi There,
    I have the Kate Spade Maclaren pram but have no idea which model it is. I was just wondering if anyone else has this model and knows whether it's part of the recall or not?

HappyV is offline Registered User

Perhaps we should stop and think about whether the repair kit is even necessary?
    Think about how many Maclaren strollers there are, and the fact that it is a USA only recall. Think about the number of children who have been injured (12( and think about what kind of parents shuts or open a stroller with a child on it/in it/with their fingers in it.
    Right up there with the label "WARNINGS - COFFEE IS HOT" that McDSonalds had to start using.

nino is offline Registered User

Has anyone else had problems with the elbow covers getting in the way when the stroller is being shut? It seems that the clip that locks the stroller shut gets caught in the cover...I too am wondering if the repair kit is necessary.

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User

Well said HappyV- I find this quite amusing, the recall not the injuries.

There have been 12 injures in the past 10 years reported in the U.S- I just wonder how many similar injuries have been caused by other "everyday" products that we all use- door hinges havent been recalled but could also cause injury to fingers.
    I agree with HappyV, I think with proper parental supervision this injury can easily be avoided.
    I have been using my Maclaren for over 6months and will continue to do so without the repair kit (esp. if the repair kit is going to mean I can close it and carry it with one hand), next time I go to b2b I may get repair kit but not going out of my way.

Just my humble opinion.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast