Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Maclaren USA recall on umbrella strollers

HappyV is offline Registered User

I went to Mothercare today to get a repair kit for both my Maclarens, They refused to give me one unless I actually bring the strollers to the store. What a load of crap - why would I want a repair kit if I didn't have the stroller. Then they said I needed a receipt to prove I bought it at Mothercare..........

One of my strollers was a hand me down from a friend. The other is 3 1/2 years old. No receipts.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

You could take them to the Maclaren office without a receipt - but you still need to take the strollers...

I have had a bit of problems, sometimes it doesn't close as well (most of the time, it closes fine though). I think if it gets too frustrating, I'll probably just take the covers off. I do think that it's not THAT necessary. I mean, there are other safety products that I don't have that are probably MORE important but I'm just careful around them. I do think that 12 injuries in 10 years is sooo small. I don't see them recalling doors or other things that kids commonly injure themselves on!!

papahk is offline Registered User

i WENT to the Maclaren office without the stroller (also no reciept) but with the stroller model number...they said people with a valid receipt would get preference for the kits (and showing up with no appointment is also pointless)...and they would call me if a kit became available...i'm not holding my breath...i struggle to see how having no receipt makes their faulty design any less worthy of a free fix...

papahk is offline Registered User

well i guess i have to eat my words! got a call two days ago that a set of covers was waiting for me, picked them up today...staff at Maclaren was very helpful and apologetic for the confusion at my first visit (even though it was my fault for not making an appointment...)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234