Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How much on return gifts/loot bags?

snagito is offline Registered User

How much on return gifts/loot bags?

what do you all usually spend on return gifts/loot bags? some of the parties i've been to recently have been quite over the top in terms of what the children are given to take home so i'm just curious!

i don't know how to do a poll but am wondering would it be in the range of
    $10 - 20 per child?
    $20 -30 per child?
    $50 per child?

thanks for sharing

gladyswly is offline Registered User

it very much depends on the age of the children that are receiving the gifts, I assume the older the more expensive you have to spend, like stationery for 4-5 yo will be more expensive than stickers for 1-2 yo.

Portia is offline Registered User

This has been a real learning process for me. For my baby's first birthday, I spent almost $100 per bag because I made the mistake of getting a foil balloon each. For his third birthday, I am down to $50 per bag. Each child got a colouring book, a pack of 8 crayons and some raisins, fruit roll ups etc. I find it is much easier to get one or two larger items than have to find a whole bunch of little things.

rani is offline Administrator

I spend around $50 too. I like to get 1 big thing.

Neha is offline Banned

$ 10-20 u dont really get anything good. We give about value $ 100.00 and one big thing instead of giving real small crap.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I didn't want to spend too much, I think I spent about $30ish per bag. I set that budget because I figured I was spending a LOT on the party anyway, and I'd been to parties where they'd obviously spent more but most of the stuff, we probably wouldn't use anyway.

I got:
    a ball - I found 3 for $10, I know that my daughter LOVES that kind of thing, and I've had comments from guests who their kid loved it too. And I figured for $3 each, it's not bad ;)

a book - I found a set of 6 little cardboard books, I think the set of 6 was about $60 or something each (could be wrong), so about $10 each. I don't think it's obvious that I split up a set, and it's something that can be kept. Although my daughter used hers as a teething toy ;)

some food stuff - I split it by age, and bought some age appropriate snacks, boxes of raisins, little biscuits, etc

a couple of balloons - all kids love balloons!! I just put them in loose so they could use them whenever they want.

I think, if you want to spend $100 or more each, go for it - but you don't HAVE to spend that much. Particularly (I think) if you're paying a lot for the party anyway. If you want to spend less, you just need to shop around and be smart about how you spend the money. YOU set the budget though and don't let peer pressure dictate what you "should" spend.

Neha is offline Banned

Agree with nicole u need to shop around we plan our sons birthday nearly 3-4 months in advance we know which kids are coming, if any older kids and then we keep eyes open for good deals

snagito is offline Registered User

thanks a lot guys for all the input. that's certainly a wide range so far and gives me food for thought!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast