Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Things to do with a almost 2 yr old?!?

@dorable is offline Registered User

Talking Things to do with a almost 2 yr old?!?

Hi All, after deciding not to send my lil one to a pre-school before he turns 2 1/2-3yrs old, getting some ideas as to what places are about...

Obviously at home he loves to colour, play with his toys, make cakes ;) and the usual but so far I have only discovered Playtown.. am yet to try WiseKids... Any other reccomendations?
    Have finally moved into Bel-Air, Pokfulam so if there are any mums who fancy some playdates, pls get in touch :)

Thanks!

:swoman

Bess is offline Registered User

These are some paid activities that I did with my youngest - Kindermusik (Kate's kids- they also have other programmes like paint & play), gymbaroo (dito on other programmes), swimming lesson and visits to the library.
    And Playsports have soccertots or mini sports for 2-5 which we are going to try after xmas.

Also, he loves buses, trains etc, so we'd go for an explore HK and ride the bus etc somewhere, usually with a park (or beach) at the end where we'd have a picnic or throw the ball around.

Enjoy

rani is offline Administrator

We used to take double decker buses and sit on the top, as well as visits to the library.

Adorable, the # 58 minibus in Cyberport goes to Smithfield Public Library.

geomum is offline Registered User

If you do a search on the forums here you will find lots of activities suggested by various mums since this question has been asked many times before. Best in my mind would be joining a regular playgroup twice or thrice a week where you can go with him.

Neha is offline Banned

Bel air I think has a kids gallery kind of program u can check with the club house. Or u can check kids gallery.

mscheerful is offline Registered User

This is what i do with my almost 3. I did not want to send him to any pre-school too. He goes to 1 playgroup a week and do some fun studies, baking and toys tiem at home. I've him on train ride from one end to another; buses ride; beaches and we live in Lantau Island so going to Disneyland, Inspiration Park (just came back), to Discovery beach, Tai O fishing Village, Mui Wo, Tong Fok beach, Cable cars, Stanley Bay, Gold Coast, Tuen Mun Garden, Local market, Shatin, Sheung Shui, police station, fire station, having kids come over, drawing on the side walk with side walk chalks, parks n playgrounds.. the list is endless. He learned so much from all this trip and his knowledge is by far better than most friends around his age. Next year I have booked some low cost airlines special offers to fly away to some South East Asia countries to visit friends over the week-ends and long holidays. And Sept 2010 he is starting kindergarten at a local kindy.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

I agree that taking him to a playgroup a few times a week is a good idea. I know for a fact that if I wasn't doing that now, I'd be totally lost for ideas to do with my 23mth old. Apart from that, we go to the park, throw a ball around the lawn there then go to Starbucks where he has a Babychino and half a lamington (and I have a much needed coffee). We live in North Point but if were closer, I'd love to meet up.

carang is offline Registered User

an annual pass to ocean park is a FANTASTIC investment! we've had them for 3 years running and my kids STILL love to go there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast