Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Organic Strawberries Ready To Go!

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Organic Strawberries Ready To Go!

This is to update everyone who is interested in organic strawberry picking. We went for a walk the other day and checked out the strawberry fields and they are ready for harvest, actually! The strawberries are $50 HKD/pound and you pick them yourself with a basket they give you. If anyone is interested, I have some time the second and third weeks in January if anyone is interested in coming out for a strawberry picking adventure with their kiddos.

There are BBQ pits and a huge grass field next to the strawberry gardens if you'd like to have a BBQ or snacks afterward. It's better to go in the afternoon during the week because you don't have to deal with crowds then.

Put a message below or PM me if you're interested. Let's set a date of Thursday, January 21st starting at 2 pm and then change it if we have to.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Where are the strawberry fields?

spockey is offline Registered User

Kam Tin Country Club.
    We went the Sunday before Christmas and it was great!
    Not too many people and you only pay for what you pick. It tasted like what we grew in our backyard. Much better than the ones at the supermarket.

Thanka... I'm in (again!)... will take day off this time if it's a week day! It's just too good to miss!

carang is offline Registered User

sounds great! don't think i'll be able to make it with you guys though as my other teacher will be on holidays. but my mum and her hubby are coming at the end of january. this will give us something to do with them!

BabyG is offline Registered User

How do you get there? I tried googling it but I couldn't find a website with directions.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

spockey, glad you're coming out again. Was the weather cold before Christmas on that Sunday? Because usually the only way to avoid a huge crowd of people is the weather isn't all that great. But, yes, I hope you'll come back!

BabyG--do you plan to drive a personal car here? As we don't have our own car, it's quite difficult for me to give directions except that the village is right off of the Kam Tin Bypass. Here is a rough map of where it's at:
    Shui Mei Tsuen Kam Tin Hong Kong - Google ??

But, if you're coming by public transport, the directions are easier for me, especially if you're coming by train. Basically, you need to go to the Kam Sheung Road stop of the West Rail. The best way then is to get off the train and take a taxi (usually the flag fall fare of $14.50 HKD) and tell the driver to take you to Shui Mei Tsuen--along the way, on your right you'll see a sign that says "Kam Tin Country Club", you can have the driver let you off there as that's the entrance.

If you get lost or need someone to talk to the driver you could call me. If you PM me your number, I'll also send you my mobile number.

spockey is offline Registered User

On the day we went, all the bbq pits were taken but not many were picking strawberries as I think by local standards it's quite pricey. There were hoards of people from the Kingswood apartment group in Tin Shui Wai at the bbq area.

It was cold but the sun was out so it was alright.

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

hi spockey, can we go anytime? bcoz, we would like to take daddy along and that is possible only on sundays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast