Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gained 2 kg in 4 days??

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

My friend gained 10lbs in her last week. I also had weeks when I was gaining more than `recommended` and always got comments from the nurses.
    You`re at the tail end, so don`t stress about it. I remember looking so fat and puffy those last couple of weeks. A lot of it is water and will go away after delivery. They would have checked your blood pressure at your visit so I assume it`s ok.
    Eat as normal, as much as you feel comfortable. And continue to drink plenty of fluids. Good luck~

Sazzy is offline Registered User

Don't stress and ENJOY!!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

i gained 25 kilos throughout the pregnancy and yes, got told off by the nurse at every checkups. just ignore them! as long as your bp is normal and bub and you are doing ok then that's all that matters.
    the good thing is - after 6 months, i managed to lose 20 kilos (thanks to breastfeeding?!).

geomum is offline Registered User

Should I start eating less?

NO!!! Please eat well, you and baby need a healthy diet at this point in time, as everyone said don't worry, as long as you and baby are doing fine :)

newbiekt is offline Registered User

I would be happy to be putting on weight and knowing that my baby is growing to be a lovely healthy size than worrying about it. The opposite would be extremely worrying. I tend not to look when they weigh me!

geomum is offline Registered User

Babyat23, I just read that "You should contact your health care provider if you suddenly gain or lose weight, especially in your third trimester. This could be a sign of preeclampsia."
    Eating for Two When Over/ or Under Weight : American Pregnancy Association.
    So might as well ask your doc on the next visit, although I still believe everything should be fine :)

thanka2 is offline Registered User

That's totally normal. Ignore all of the negative feedback you get from any nurses and doctors in HK when it comes to weight-gain. Gaining a lot at the end of a pregnancy is totally normal as that baby is putting on weight and also you could be retaining more fluid too. Heck, I was like 70 kg when I got pregnant to begin with. You've got nothing to worry about!

babyat23 is offline Registered User

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions...Geomum regarding the preeclampsia the DR got that checked out too...so I'm just glad everything is fine!!:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12