Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby proofing curtain cords

guggi08 is offline Registered User

Baby proofing curtain cords

I'm looking for advice how to baby proof curtain cords. I'm about to move in to a new apartment and the land lord has blinds on all windows. The cords are still old fashion style (dangling from the ceiling) and I somehow have to shorten them or fix them in such a way that they are not hazardous for my toddler. Can anybody give me advise what to get and where to get it? Thanks

matemate is offline Registered User

why not make a knot into them to shorten them?

cesh is offline Registered User

if you don't want to use screw-in hooks on the walls beside the windows (to secure the cord), then the 3M hooks can work just as well, we have knotted our cords and hang them from raised hooks (about chest height).

lisa88 is offline Registered User

there are curtain/blind cord 'tidy' holders you can specifically buy. I found some in the baby section of a dept store in Bangkok. Should be able to find them here too, although I haven't specifically looked. Check out the baby section of major dept stores or DIY stores like Japan Home stores. They will have a section on baby-proof items, like furniture corner guards, drawer/cabinet safety latches, door stops. The cord tidy holders may be a bit less common, but these shops also have a section for electrical cord/computer cord tidies that may do the trick. Even the fancy baby stores at Ocean Terminal TST may have sections.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by cesh View Post
    if you don't want to use screw-in hooks on the walls beside the windows (to secure the cord), then the 3M hooks can work just as well, we have knotted our cords and hang them from raised hooks (about chest height).
    This is what we did and it has been a fine arrangement for two babies. And we never knotted them, just coiled them and hung them on the hook.

guggi08 is offline Registered User

Thanks everybody. I got some plastic cylinders from B2B, hopefully they'll work. if not i'll try the 3M-hook version, or take the blinds off