Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Indonesian maid accused of lacing baby food with urine

geomum is offline Registered User

Indonesian maid accused of lacing baby food with urine

thanka2 is offline Registered User

If that is true, it is really sick! Also, it's crazy that that one lady added her period blood to her employer's food and the case was dismissed because apparently that substance is not "toxic." Yuck!

HK2008 is offline Registered User

How come all these incidents relate to Indonesian helpers? Is there any religious belief behind all these disgusting events? While I understand some employers are working their helpers to the ground and/or paying them much less than the bare minimum, however nothing of these sorts would warrant such inhumanitarian acts.

Seriously disgusting!

matemate is offline Registered User

i dont know which other 'incidents' you are referring to, but one thing is clear to me:
    - philippino helpers are better organized and hence ensure better protection from exploitation
    - indonesian helpers get scammed even before arrival in hong kong by their agencies, which are corrupt and in cohorts with the embassy here in hong kong. in addition, many indonesian helpers do not know about minimum wage laws, etc. and as a result are more likely to be paid less than the minimum wage

the above probably could explain why more indonesian helpers do 'weird' things, but frankly i have no idea on the background of the helper in this story

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

What, get ripped off by your agency and employer so try to slowly KILL a NEWBORN BABY?
    Sounds like a blame game to me, for clearly sociopathic behaviour. Hope she gets found guilty and is put away.

azure is offline Registered User

hi all,
    yups, so scary on the maids but just to share some of the "reasons" why they do those actions ...
    - period pad in the soup --> to ensure that the employer will "listen" & be obliging to her
    - add her saliva in your food --> same cult belief that the employer/ those who eat the food will "listen" to her demands & not find fault with her
    -make some fingernails ticking sounds on your bedsheets --> so that you will be oblivious to what she does
    - put her shoes on top of yours --> to control your behaviour towards her
    - brush her saliva to the babies item --> let the baby listen to their command

sounds madness but alot of maids do that, indonesians definitely & philipinas too! well, the typical excuse of the saliva one is that - ohh i'm testing your food to see if its salty/ sweet ... and dip that same spoon back into your pot of soup !!!

believe or not?! personally i find it really funny but well, its happening ard me !!! yucks