Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pumping at work

gins is offline Registered User

Hi, I am a working mom too, my second baby will arrive in a month's time. For my first one, I used the Avent manual pump which I found quite tiring to use and took quite a long time to pump. So, this time, I am looking to buy an electric one, but I haven't tried one before, so not sure which one would work for me and am thinking of buying a second hand one, does any of you wanna sell your Medela "Pump in Style" which is in good working condition? My friend mentioned about the Avent duo electric pump, has any of you tried that? Thanks.

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Just went to Celki today, and I got pretty interested on the Medela Swing pump. They said to have similar performance as Medela Symphony, and the good thing is that it also works on batteries, so I may be able to take it work and save time pumping.

Anyone has experience with this model? I'll probably get it from Amazon, as it is much cheaper than buying it locally from Hong Kong (although I may need a voltage converter)

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

I had breastfed my 1st child and used the Avent manual pump to empty my breast at the end of feedings and also pump occasionally when I wasn't home for a feed. It worked well enough for that. For my 2nd baby, I am exclusively pumping and currently use the Avent Isis IQ duo electric pump. I LOVE it! I had rented the Ameda Elite (hospital grade double electric pump) for a month and although it worked in the beginning, it started to hurt my nipples after a week. The problem is that the horns are too big for my nipples and ended up pulling in too much of my breast in. Based on my research the horns are about the same size as the Medela pumps and the problem about being in HK is that you can't buy horns in other sizes. Also I couldn't find any place that sold the Medela Pump in Style. Most places either carried the Swing or Freestyle which I wasn't sure if it would be strong enough since I'm pumping everything out. So I decided to try the Avent Isis IQ duo electric pump. It's really easy to use and comfortable for me. Most importantly empties my breast out really well. I highly recommend the Avent Isis IQ duo electric pump to anyone who also liked the Avent Manual pump.

tash. is offline Registered User

my darling is now 8 months and she's still all on breastmilk...

1. im using medela freestyle, which i ordered from the states, but i guess they are now avaliable in celki. this is the best pump ever, cos they come with the handsfree kid. not sure if celki's one came with the handsfree kid thou. but it safe alot of energy and it can run both on dry battery or adpator. which you can pump anywhere.
    2. you can get the medela microwave bags to sterilise your pump. i pump two times during the day only. so i just simply bring 4 bottles and 4 sets of funnels.

3. it depends, if my darling will drink the milk the next day, i will just keep it in the bottle and i will carry home in my freezer bag. if not i will keep them in the plastic milk storage bag and keep it frozen.

4. no, if you get medela freestyle, it will come with a freezer bag and the icepack. it is specially design for the medela bottle and make sure it will keep the milk in place. check on their website. i dont recommend you carry them in your bag, coz the weather is hong kong, specially in the summer. dont take the risk.

good luck.!

tash. is offline Registered User

gataloca, i've got the swing and i gave up. coz it is a bit slow compare to the freestyle that i have. it takes me at least 10 minutes on one breast with the swing... and i decide to get a freestyle from ebay (still cheaper than getting from celki) which im very happy with. fast and handsfree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12