Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Rolly Pollies

Flack is offline Registered User

Rolly Pollies

Am thinking of doing a class at Rolly Pollies with my 6 month old daughter as she's such a bundle of energy and I'm sure she'd love something like this.
    Has anyone been to the classes and have any feedback? It is a little pricey at $220 a session so would be interested if anyone has any experiences.

Thanks

rani is offline Administrator

Am organizing a special GeoBaby playdate/class at Rolly Pollies on March 9th. Why not come along and give it a try. Will post details later tonight.

annahongkong is offline Registered User

They are offering free trial classes, so you might as well try it out. We went to a trial class last week and had fun, though prefer My Kiddy Gym as the lessons are more structured rather than just free play (so it feels like you're getting more for your money).

1stimemum is offline Registered User

sorry i know this thread is old but was wondering which gym - MyKiddy, Rolly, The Little GYm (all in CWB) seemed the safest? By that I mean good safe equipment, very well trained instructors who have a keen eye and dont take unnecessary risks and not too many students per class.

I AM ATTENDING a trial class with My Kiddy this Sat but my husband has reservations about whether the instructors are not just part time teenagers who might incidentally break his little baby!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

My son started attending my kiddy gym when he was 16 months old (he's now 21 months) and he loves it. I really like the teachers and I feel that it is safe. Afterall, you participate in the class so you will be watching over your child.
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User

yes Rolly Pollies does seem like "free play" in a sense but the instructors are also the owners I believe and they are really passionate about what they do. they do spend time with individual children on the different equipment during the class so that every child can work at their own pace. in fact, they are so involved they spent time giving me online materials in order to help my daughter with bending her knee (she DOESN'T bend at all and it's a problem!)

my daughter has been going since Oct now and she absolutely loves it - they add new things for the kids to try out each whilst keeping some of the old ones. they also do have a certain "theme" - it was balancing before Christmas...can't quite remember what it is now. depends on the type of kid though...with mine, she didn't like being forced to do anything or having the instructor push her into doing certain things - so initially she'd only do 2 of the 6 "centre" activities...now, as she's become more comfortable with the environment she's doing 4 of the centres....still working on her doing EVERYTHING at least once! :)

1stimemum is offline Registered User

hi to all, I just wanted to update this post since I asked the question before. I have since attended trials at My Gym, My Kiddy Gym and Rolly Pollies and thanks to lesliefu for recommending. We definitely loved Rolly Pollies and signed up for a class.

I do think some people might feel its very 'loose and unstructured' but it fit my son perfectly as the sequence, schedule at the other 2 were just too rigid for him, he just loved trying out all the eqpt on his own and figuring it out himself.

Its good that there's something for everyone though.