Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What do you feed your 11 month old?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Just to put another point of view - I decided to start my little one on solids at 6m and not to puree. We're only about 2 weeks into it but he's had cottage cheese on toast, lots of pasta, all sorts of roasted and steamed veggies, french toast, rice cakes, hummous....

How you wean and what you decide to give is a personal choice but my point is that at 6.5 months with no teeth he can chew just fine, if he wants something he's perfectly capable of gumming it into submission! He's learning about eating, chewing, swallowing as well as flavours and textures and then teeth will be a bonus when they come along.

I agree with the other posters, although lots of salt is dangerous a little is unavoidable if you want your little one to learn about and enjoy a variety of foods. We're offering everything in moderation except whole nuts and raw honey which are widely accepted to be dangerous.

mosmom is offline Registered User

futureHKmom

I'm sitting in the same boat as you. Until now, I've been feeding my 11-month-old baby cereal mixed with veg/meat/egg/fruit/little pasta, etc. In the past few days, she has shown less interest in the pureed food.

Ever since she's 10 months old, I also give her bits and pieces from the table. She definitely loves "our" food better! In 2 weeks, she's going to be 1 year old. I hope we can finish all the powder stuff we have by then *g*. Starting from her birthday, I'm definitely not going to bother about pureeing and mixing special food for her.

:-)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Actually, I haven't been pureeing his food for the past month or two now. I just make the congee with meat stock and then put in mince meat or bits of fish and coarsley chopped up steamed vegetables. So he is getting different textures. I've also started making him soup macaroni also with mince meat and chopped up veggies, but he continues to be a nightmare to feed. tonight he's having mashed sweet potato, fish and chopped up spinach and he also doesn't seem to like that. Sigh.....\

He loves snacks though - like rice crackers or bread. There just isn't enough nutrients in crackers and bread to give him just that!

By the way - how much milk do you feed your 11 month olds? Maybe I am feeding too much milk? he gets 7oz in the morning and in the afternoon and then 8 or 9oz before he goes to bed depending on how much he eats for dinner. Is that too much?

thanks for all your replies so far!

carang is offline Registered User

you could probably cut down to two feeds/day.

baffelly is offline Registered User

Btw, Just made couscous using vege broth today for baby and he likes it. It's super easy to make too no cooking needed.

baffelly is offline Registered User

And my baby takes 3 bottles a day 4-6oz each, and 3 meals a day, sometimes plus afternoon snack like cookies, bread, pies, pancakes.

solidstars is offline Registered User

mine's (11 months) still not too keen on solids, so i am starting to feed him anything i'm eating that's not too oily/fried/etc, ie noodles, rice, fish, etc although i do this without the hubby around as he's starts moaning about how i'm 'spoiling' the baby even though he's not around to try to feed pureed stuff to him (baby now knows how to say 'BLEH')

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

"Spoiling him"... by giving him nice food?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast