Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enfamil or Enfapro for babies over 6 months not on solid

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Enfamil or Enfapro for babies over 6 months not on solid

Enfapro says that it's for babies 6 months and older when used as a supplement to solid food after breastfeeding or after infant formula has ended.

My baby is not 6+ month but not yet on solid, should I continue on Enfamil or switch to Enfapro?

Thanks in advance!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Hi Obiwan - sorry do you mean that your baby is 6m + but not yet on solids?

If that is the case then I'm in a similar situation as mine is 6m + but not really on regular solids, I'm sticking with the infant milk as the next stage ones say they are to supplement solids.

Sorry if I've misunderstood - easily confused this morning!

Sorry typo there ...

Yes, she is now 6+months but not yet on solid.

jvn

Ah, in that case we are in the same situation.

I've looked into it a bit and there is a school of thought that the follow on milk only exists because (in UK at least) there are very strict advertising rules around infant milk which are relaxed more for follow on milk.

There is more iron in the follow on milk but again there is debate about whether it is absorbed or not - some mums have reported that their babies have become constipated on the follow on milk, some have got on with it just fine.

The conclusion I've come to is that they are both pretty similar and I've read info from mums who have kept on the infant milk for beyond a year and been fine and some who have swapped and been fine, it seems there isn't a huge difference between them so it's down to personal choice.

So I'm sticking with the infant stuff!

Would like that too. I just switched to Enfapro and the baby is a little constipated.

Problem is .. Enfamil seems to be out of stock everywhere. I can't find it in the Mannings and Three Sixty downstairs, and ParkNShop is out too.

jvn

I was using Nestle Nan H.A. 1 and couldn't find the infant one anywhere just after CNY - actually, looked for other brands and the infant stuff seemed pretty much sold out in most places. I guess people stocked up for the holiday so I ended up going to B2B and got Cow and Gate infant formula which he seems to be getting on with fine.

Odd that a lot of the brands seem to have sold out though.

Thanks Jvn.

Enfapro wasn't good for my girl unfortunately. She cried out in piercing scream ... long and hard ... 3x today due to constipation. Rushed down to Three Sixty, nothing to be found there, lucked out at Mannings, managed to get the last 2 cans of Enfamil after fighting off 2 mainland Chinese ladies.

My MIL is coming from the States in a week, I will receive my supply of US Enfamil then ....

eneri7 is offline Registered User

Formula shortage? Wow.

I actually have 2 cans of Nestle Good Start with Natural Cultures from the U.S. if anyone is interested. They sell it at 360 for half the size and double the price.

It's for 9+ months and I brought it back from our Christmas trip. My baby keeps refusing the bottle though so I've had to stick with breastfeeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast