Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

travel with car seat

Sleuth is offline Registered User

travel with car seat

We had been avoiding the car seat issue on our travels, but are finally being forced to bring one (two if you count the sit-n-stroll) on vacation to Aussie.
    Is there a place in HK that sells travel bags for car seats? Found them online in a US store, but that does not help here.
    Are they really necessary?
    Any other hints for doing this?
    I'm really looking forward to having one more piece to carry around....

southside852 is offline Registered User

We got ours in the US at Babies R' Us so you might want to check with Toys R' Us. If not, then try the usual suspects - Eugene's and B2B.

I found it to be helpful as the carseats always get thrown around and I liked knowing that there was a little more protection on mine and that it was touching all the nasty stuff in the cargo area.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by southside852 View Post
    I found it to be helpful as the carseats always get thrown around and I liked knowing that there was a little more protection on mine and that it was touching all the nasty stuff in the cargo area.
    I'm debating trying to pad the thing somehow as I do not think luggage is treated all that gently by the handlers and last thing I need is a broken car seat.

southside852 is offline Registered User

exactly. i meant to say it helps protect the seat from the grime back in the cargo area and since our son was sitting in it, i definitely felt better about it not being handled by all those different hands as well.

plumtree is offline Registered User

I can't really help with where to buy car seat bags, but the last time we travelled, we made our own by wrapping the car seat in an old blanket and putting the whole thing in one of those plastic garment bags (for storing winter clothes and the like) which zips up. The whole thing was put in another thick plastic bag by the airline and the airline actually made handles for us out of thick tape. It worked pretty well.

Neha is offline Banned

We are also worried about the car seat that we are planning to use on our trip to US. We have actually put the car seat in our suitcase which is big enough

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

Sleuth, why don't you just hire a car seat when you get to Australia?

Hire for Baby | Baby Equipment Store | Baby Feeding Equipment | Car Seat Hire | Hire Baby Capsule |

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I don't think it's even legal to use a sit and stroll as a car seat in Australia. It needs to have specific anchors to the car and I think the sit and stroll is just seat belted in right? I'm not an expert but I do know that a lot of car seats that are fine in the US aren't allowed in Australia.

We go back to Australia pretty regularly and we bought a cheap car seat over there that we just leave at my parents' house. But I'd hire/borrow one if I didn't go back very often...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast