Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Baby poops everytime he passes gas

carang is offline Registered User

yep, we used that too. my son almost never got nappy rash. my daughter used to get it if we didn't change the nappy within 5 minutes!

we tried everything and found that vaseline BEFORE any rash developped was the best for us. desitin was also ok.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Your doc is a clown. Ignore him.
    Vaseline is THE BEST. I haven`t had to use anything else.
    My baby didn`t poop as much as yours perhaps, but I was changing diapers A LOT when he was a newborn. He was like a little faucet, leaking poo. I don`t think that there might be anything wrong with him, especially as he is breastfed. It should change with time, especially when he starts feeding less often.
    Just keep treating the rash and carry on with breastfeeding your poopy faucet baby.

geomum is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone, so I am hoping that as he grows he stops leaking poo (Thanks, you put it in right words Shenzhennifer). And I am using Desitin too over the antibacterial and antifungal ointments given by doc.

kaikosmom is offline Registered User

You can also try Drapoline, works wonders with my son's nappy rash. I am also breastfeeding my 4-week old son, poops frequently.

carang is offline Registered User

when my daughter was little, we called her "squirt" because she squirted EVERYWHERE! including once all over daddy... projectile poop anyone? LOL!

kaikosmom is offline Registered User

BTW, are you using baby wipes? In my case, I find that the baby wipes aggravate the nappy rash. So, I stopped using them. I just use cotton pads (suzuran cleaning cotton) with warm water to wipe my son's bottom. Together with Drapolene, he is now rash-free. Yes, most of the time, he leaks when he poops. That means I also need to shower if he poops while I am carrying him!

geomum is offline Registered User

Kaikosmom, I think you are right about that, whenever I use warm water directly to clean his bottom he does not cry but wipes make him scream these days. But then again using warm water and cloth would mean so much more work for poor me :(

kcinhk is offline Registered User

My 3 weeks old baby also has the same problem of making a small poop when he passes gas, which is frequently. and his bottom is getting red. will try out "kaikosmom" method with suzuran wipes and warm water, perhaps the wet wipes isn't wet enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scroll to top