Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ferberizing in a bed

southside852 is offline Registered User

Ferberizing in a bed

Has anyone ferberized their toddler in a real bed with a gate at their door?

Our 27 month year old son is now in a bed and has been for about 7 months, but his wake-ups have gotten progressively worse for some reason. He's not sick, not teething and just wants water (room is not too dry). We are wondering if we should ferberize him like we did in his crib, but he knows how to get out of his bed and walk to the gate at his door.

Would love to hear others experience with this, if they have! Thanks!

dueJuly is offline Registered User

i have tried this with very little success. Sorry.

My little one would get up and cry at the door for me. No matter how long we waited, she would not go back into bed by herself.
    What we have had success with is when she first gets up take her back to bed with a cuddle and tuck her in. Second time just a quick tuck in. Every time after that a silent and quick walk back into bed.
    Not sure if this will help you, but it is what works (kind of!) for us.

Often it is just water my little girl needs as well. We make sure she has her water bottle in bed with her. In theory she would wake up and grab a drink on her own and then go to sleep.
    What tends to happen is she wakes, grabs the water and cries for me at the door with the bottle in her hands. When I come in she gives me the sign for 'thirsty' LOL

southside852 is offline Registered User

LOL! thanks for sharing!

ok, glad to know it's not just my child then. We've tried ferberizing (a couple months ago) and my son just cries at the gate too - sometimes up to 50 minutes. At that pt, I go in, give a cuddle and he goes right back to sleep. The other times, it's usually the water issue, but the problem we've had with leaving the water bottle within his reach is that our son drinks too much and is then soaking wet. I wind up having to change him at 2am...

hm, has anyone tried any other methods of getting the little one back in bed??

Scroll to top