Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moving to HK and due on Sept 5

Sahroora is offline Registered User

Moving to HK and due on Sept 5

Hi everybody, my husband and I are moving to HK in July and expecting our first baby in early September. We are looking for a good doctor to deliver our baby, any recommendations would really help.

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Congrats!

Will you be visiting HK before July? I would recommend doctors from Central Health and a visit with them if you are...

Central Health

Actually, whomever you decide to go with, you should contact them now to let them know that of your situation. If you are going private, you need to make the hospital booking asap cause rooms can get quite full. they do have quite a few doctors within that practice so you shoud be able to get a booking, but you really need to act fast otherwise your choices will be limited.

Dr Sally Ferguson with OT & P is good too

OT&P

good luck with everything! :)

Thanks Leslie, that is really helpful. will try booking this week

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User

Hi

I'm due in early Sept. and am using Patrick Chan - a very patient and understanding man. He has never rushed me through any of my appts. and the waiting time is reasonable. You can find his number on the Gynae listing of this website.

Also, come and join us for Mothers Group when you arrive... we meet at least once a month for tea or dinner. There's lots of members who can answer your questions about having a baby in HK.

Cheers!

hbw10 is offline Registered User

i'm due this fall and use dr. ghosh who i really like. i swithed from dr. lucy lord to him.

Sazzy is offline Registered User

Welcome!! I'm also due in September. There is a lot of choice out there - best to check your private medical insurance as they usually dont pay for antenatal / prenatal costs at the beginning. Check what they do pay for and what they dont. And then you make your doctor choice.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

The other doctors who are popular seem to be Dr Alex Doo and Dr Philip Ho. I am about to have my second baby with Dr Ho and I really like him. Dr Ghosh is also very popular but was recently had a heart attack and will be off work for some time. If you go via Central Health, Lucy Lord is the lead Ob/gyn and is very popular, but Grace Cheung apparently has a gentler bedside manner. I think the previous posters have under-emphasised the need to get booked into a hospital asap. Especially at the Matilda and Adventist is gets booked up extremely quickly.

Thank you so much ladies. and would love to join the mothers group when I arrive and meet alot of you. Best of luck to all of you.

cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast