Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Health insurance with the best maternity plan in HK?

dingdongding is offline Registered User

StareBear,
    please check PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StareBear View Post
    I am with DKV and my only out of pocket expense for my entire pregnancy including private room at Matilda was $250 for my meal which I ordered while I was in labour. Still don't really understand why I had to pay for that but am not complaining! Since then all my baby's expenses including vaccines have been reimbursed. For things like physio they need referrals and if you have treatment for a long time they may ask for the referral to be refreshed. The only expense I have not received full reimbursement on is dental. My insurance plan is arranged by my employer though so am not sure if this coverage is generally available or what the cost is though (can only imagine it is expensive).

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User

fyi- i signed up with DKV (7000 USD for US cover and $0 deductible for 33 year old), but haven't submitted any claims yet. will post if i run into any problems!

thanks again for the great responses here!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

WRT to DKV, have to say I've found their customer service pretty shocking. We've had a couple of issues of them wanting supplementary paperwork in relation to claims but not being very clear what they want and why and also with them losing a claim. They have been generally pretty slow in processing any but the most absolute straightforward vaccination claims, they say they process within 14 days (I think) but in reality they wait 14 days then come back with a query! I guess I expected a lot service wise as I went with the top cover and in that they haven't delivered :-(

On the upside they have eventually paid out all the claims and it is good cover, their losing claims and sending out extra forms seems to be more about administrative incompetence rather than any desire to get out of paying, it's just not what you need when you're having an unexpected health issue and thought you had paid for peace of mind!

I still think it's good cover but if something unexpected comes up do be prepared for there to be a bit of back and forth with the paperwork .Not pg at the moment so haven't tested out their maternity benefits :-)

Question

also, can anyone recommend their husband's insurance company/plan? we need to get cover for my husband now, but DKV seems expensive.

jvn- thanks for the update on DKV! good luck with getting pg. we're still in the questioning/hemming and hawing stages still, but think we'll get there soon...

FYI- I'm also having problems with DKV. It's a little complicated, but they charged my credit card over 1,000 USD and additionally overcharged me for my monthly payment. They said they'd refund the $1000+ within days as it was their mistake, but it's been a couple of weeks and it's still not back on my card. Now I'm waiting to find out why they overcharged me for my monthly payment, too. Frustrating!

Dreading submitting claims with them....

zzsp23 is offline Registered User

It seems like DKV now have a cap for maternity benefits, it's only up to $9100 USD. Previous posters mentioned that they have unlimited benefits, so just wondering is the cap just recently implemented or is there a more premium plan that has unlimited coverage?

zzsp23- Is that for the Top plan? They also have Classic and Plus. The one with the unlimited maternity benefits is/was? Top. Let us know if you hear more about any changes!

spud is offline Banned

Wink To DKV or not to DKV?

After research, DKV Top seems to offer most cover for maternity, less waiting period and lowest premium when compared to other policies around. So it seems the obvious choice hands down doesn't it?

However, after hearing from some people that they could be in a pretty unstable financial position (querying how they could continue paying out so much full maternity costs with such low premiums with some predictions of them even going bust or higher probability of premiums increasing to unexpected rates in your 2nd year of cover) I decided a more 'stable' and reliable insurance company would be better in the long run.

But then after hearing how so many have successfully received full payment on their claims with DKV so far I am in two minds again!

Is this satisfaction with DKV going to be short-lived?

Are DKV offering the best deal to get good reviews from people to lure more people to take out their policies as quick as possible to make up for their losses and if unsuccessful, will they do a runner?

Whether the rumours remain just rumours or whether what DKV offers is "too good to be true" will be interesting to see.

I hope the positive stories about DKV remain to be true in the long run as I am still undecided and could still consider them. Luckily I have lots of time to wait and research as not in desperate rush to take out a policy soon.

However, when the day comes when I have to make a decision, is there an insurance policy for your insurance policy?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast