Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Baby First Food

Sazzy is offline Registered User

I would hold off on the juice as they still have immature digestive systems. Just stick with milk at this stage. If not, perhaps water once its gets hot and humid.

Remember that you are your babies mother and not the MIL!!

carang is offline Registered User

just a reminder: all "baby" apple juice/pear juice is is diluted regular juice... nothing else.

save yourself HEAPS of $... buy regular apple juice and dilute it...we used to do about 1:4 juice:water...my kids are now 3 & 5 and still have diluted juice, but now, it's 1:2.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

We started the baby cereal/food at about 6 months, though.
    First just the grains and then moved to mixing in the pureed fruits and vegetables.
    Never started down the juice path, so saving even more money than carang saved.

carang is offline Registered User

LOL! i think we did juice because i'm not a huge water drinker... i can ONLY drink almost ice cold water, any other makes me almost gag.

so we did juice. actually it was so diluted it wasn't far off of water! i'm glad my kids drink plain water, too, though.

angelamok is offline Registered User

My son started with rice cereal with formula at 4 1/2 months and gradually move to pureed food (fruits, sweet potatoe), eye yolks and so on.

Don't start with orange juice (even freshly squeezed), too acidic for young toddlers.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I don't see anything wrong with starting the baby on solids before 6 months (mine started at just before 5 months), but I don't think they need to drink juice before then as for the first 6 months milk is the only essential fluid they need. Fruit juices, even diluted ones, still have sugar and you don't need to curb the baby's appetite for milk.
    For cereals, I liked Earth's Best the most as the box lasted a long time (1 month max after opening). Healthy Times is good, and has a nice consistency for early eaters but it doesn't last long and so is bad value for money.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

i couldn't wait till 6 months to introduce solids to my bub coz he would eye-up and lick his lips everytime we had our "adult" dinner even though he'd just got fed.

we know our bubs best so we don't have to follow the guidebook line by line. i introduced solids to him just before he turned 5 months too and he loved it!! if he didn't then i wouldn't have continued but wait. he still had EBM/formula with the solids and he loves plain water (i add gripe water on the morning feed).

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    LOL! i think we did juice because i'm not a huge water drinker... i can ONLY drink almost ice cold water, any other makes me almost gag.

so we did juice. actually it was so diluted it wasn't far off of water! i'm glad my kids drink plain water, too, though.
    Still saving money because the kids don't really like juice and soda. They have tried both, but just prefer water.
    Although the youngest has a sweet tooth, can tell already.

If I remember my baby books correctly, you are supposed to judge the baby as an individual and the baby sort of lets you know when it is ready for solids. Some will be 6 months (which I am guessing would be "normal") but some will be 5, some 7, etc.... Not everyone is the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast