Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Best Video Monitor

southside852 is offline Registered User

Best Video Monitor

We are preparing for #2's arrival and are thinking of getting a video monitor this time around. Just wondering if anyone uses them, likes/dislikes them and which one they have. Would love some feedback.

Thanks!

ssheng is offline Registered User

We use the Summer brand, which we got at Eugene (but I think it is a US brand because we saw it at Target when we were visiting last month). The monitor is easy to use and the picture quality is good in the dark; plus, the camera rotation by remote is also good. The one complaint I have is that depending on where I place the monitor relative to the one near the baby, it can be 'out of range.' Since our apartment is super small, I suspect this is because our walls are made of concrete, and the signal has difficulty whereas in the US, all the houses have wooden walls. (Totally my own guess here, please excuse me if that is nonsense and has nothing to do with concrete!)
    The reason we started to use the monitor is because we had the crib in our room but my husband is a super noisy sleeper and was disrupting the baby. So I just keep the monitor pointed at the door and the signal is OK. Hope that helps!